ive just bought a snap on mig welder, pretty old I think, from a mate that's moving to spain. its got a big bottle, regulater gauge, euro torch etc and was working brilliantly last time I was round. But as we were making him a new work bench the gas stopped flowing for some reason, and its just sat in his garage since. so with him moving I mate him a cheeky offer and he said yes lol so ill hopefully be getting it tonight. my question is, are they any good? (I think he said its actually a Lincoln but with a "snap on badge" on it) and what could the gas problem be? easy fix? ive not done much welding but this doesn't look like a little hobby unit, its a big pro jobby I think.

thanks ant

Cheers joe, I don't no where he got the bottle from but he said it's his? I'll have to check that! But I suppose at least I won't need to pay a deposit on one if it like you do with BBQ gas? I don't think the bottle is empty as I remember him checking it but he didn't take the gauge of as you said so I'll try that first mate cheers

Just mind and don't let the wire go when putting a new reel of wire on lol you'll only do it once have you cheacked the tip on the handle just unscrew the gaurd it and get a new one only a couple of quid also could be the trigger that's if the bottle is not empty

• Like 1

Aye pub bottle for me £12 a re-fill and no rental on the bottle. It is pure co2 which works fine. Rental bottles think have 5-10% Argon possibly gives a bit more penetration but i get on fine with the pub bottles. If you want to do stainless, Aluminum etc then you would need a bottle of Pure Argon, I don't do much so just buy the small disposable bottles for that.

Snap on seem to be sought after brand so think it will be quality,

ATB

Griff

• Like 1