Some advice please

Deek

No it wouldnt be cruel.

depends how you look at it mate if it is beating through thick cover then you will eventually be looking at an expensive tail dock /amputation which also could get to the infected stage and not only will be expensive but painful and sore and tails generally dont heal

No it wouldnt be cruel.

depends how you look at it mate if it is beating through thick cover then you will eventually be looking at an expensive tail dock /amputation which also could get to the infected stage and not only will be expensive but painful and sore and tails generally dont heal

Thats worset case senario though.

No it wouldnt be cruel.

Thats worset case senario though.

I have lots of pictures of spaniels with full tails that have been worked and therefore have evidence (which I am happy to email to you ) to show that it's cruel to work a full tailed spaniel, with docking exemptions in place it is easy enough to find docked pups so they are readily available

Nicola

i have a cocker pup at the moment,and shes 5 months old and if she had a full tail

i could see there would be problems all ready and shes no where near working yet, just doing very basic dummy work, and a few retrieves in cover,

a spaniels tail never stops when there on the go..

and i would recomend going for a docked pup, theres plenty of good working cocker pups

on the market with docked

tails,

most people that sell litters of working spaniels have them docked,

what is the reason the pups havnt been docked if you dont mind me asking..

cheers

am sure someone will say am wrong wait for it..

i have a cocker pup at the moment,and shes 5 months old and if she had a full tail

i could see there would be problems all ready and shes no where near working yet, just doing very basic dummy work, and a few retrieves in cover,

a spaniels tail never stops when there on the go..

and i would recomend going for a docked pup, theres plenty of good working cocker pups

on the market with docked

tails,

most people that sell litters of working spaniels have them docked,

what is the reason the pups havnt been docked if you dont mind me asking..

cheers

am sure someone will say am wrong wait for it..

Jamesy well said :clapper: I agree wholeheartedly with what you have posted.

Nicola

The pups are in scotland jamesy, so no docking, the litter wasnt planned so they didnt have time to register with an english vet. :(

So the pups are a result of an accidental mating and undocked ......... :icon_eek: need I say more..There are lots of litters out there and some available in Scotland, if it were me I would be shopping around..

Nicola

The pups are in scotland jamesy, so no docking, the litter wasnt planned so they didnt have time to register with an english vet. :(

oh right,

you cant beat having a litter on your door step, i see you live in scotland to,

it all down to you deek but if you think about it

of a few hours drive it will save you in the long run as you could have this pup for 15 years and the truth be said in that time you are going to have problems if you work your dog more then once a week, and intend to work heavy cover,

but at the end of the day if youve got a top notch cocker

you want it working everything..

if you getting the cocker cheap, you can budget for a op in the future..

hope all goes well deek,

great dogs cockers mate. 015.jpg

have a look on ukgundogs web site, or kennel club you can see litter that have been kc reg in your local area,

make sure working dam and sire tho..

good luck deek, looking forward to see your new pup on here.

http://classifieds.country-classifieds.com...;query=category

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/asp/PSAR...er%29&loc=8 all in scotland

Edited by jamesy
Yeah thanks lads and lassies ive made up my mind and im gonna lookaround for a docked pup. cheers

Deek I am sure you won't be dissapointed, only sorry off the top of my head I don't know of anyone up here with cocker litters at the moment, I know a nice litter of springers in Ireland where I am getting a pup from, I will keep my ears open for cocker litters up here or on the border ;)

There is a nice litter in Lancashire here, v v nice breeding ! not too far away ?

http://classifieds.country-classifieds.com...;query=category

Nicola

plenty there for you deek, some in scotland to...

if you want to travel to wales theres two litter local to me, dont know the breeding but could find out for you think there about £350..

cheers

steve

Edited by jamesy