Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

image_zpsohc2sfy2.jpgimage_zpswrg3n4uw.jpgimage_zpszpncv8nn.jpgimage_zpsiyfbd3jw.jpg

Few recent ones of the young fella, just gone 7 months old and around 21tts last time I checked, not sure he has got much more growing in him, but he has definitely started to fill out a little of late. Havent weighed him for a while but he is in pretty good nick I think and full of beans. He remains a pretty laid back character (has a few mad moments) but has recently really discovered what those legs are for and tends to have a mad 5 minutes on local walks. Been a few heart in the mouth moments, as I have always walked him around the local woods since he was allowed out, he now knows the route pretty well and will fly through sections of the woods like an missle. Touch wood to date he either seems to have excellent judgement or the luck of the irish. Started to get him out a little more with my old mans lurcher and he had caught a couple of young bunnies on general mooches. Since then his attitude has certainly changed on walks and he is very switched on for his age (imo) and uses his nose a lot. His recall remains pretty solid and he is a bit of a one man dog in truth and follows me like a shadow around the house, which probably helps with the obedience. I still havent done an formal training with him other than stay and encouraging him to bring me things that he picks up all the time. That said he has always been a natural retriever and is constantly picking things up and bringing them over to me. The couple of bunnies he has had he has wandered around a bit with but been happy to hand them over, probably helps that the terrier isn't one for grabbing game off other dogs. He had his first run on the simulating coursing at chatsworth this weekend just in the pup racing and did okay from what my old man said. He also came down with the other dogs last week to devon and had him out plenty and he is (again imo) pretty fit, took him out late evening with the lamp for a few runs just to get him used to walking out at night a little and was pleased with him, couple of little runs nothing serious and he comes straight back to check in. Looking to get him out over my uncles farm in the next few weeks just for a mooch alongside my old mans lurcher and see how he goes. He isn't the biggest dog obviously so I guess his size will limit him somewhat but hopefully for the bunnies he should be just fine and even if he isn't a world beater he is here to stay, funny as I have 4 dogs and they all get the same treatment, but their is no doubt the workers always seem to win me over the most atb Matt

Edited by matt1979

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will apologize in advance for the amount of photo's i put up of the pup as he grows, but the fact that i have waited so long for a running dog might help explain. I have spent most of the adult life

Hi matt,.congrats on your new pup..   You have him at a good time,...just let the tyke enjoy a warm summer on his back.. Get him 'out and about' and allow him to experience everything ,..and I do m

Couple of recent ones of the pup roughly 5 month old, he is just started to switch on to what the others are up to on daily mooches and has started to follow the terrier a little more and not just to