One word mate, NIKON, I use a Prostaff 3-9x50 with bdc reticule on my .243 it is amazingly clear, the bdc reticule is brilliant, it does all I want for lamping and stalking, and if you go on here http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/spoton/spoton.html#Index:20

you can put your details in, and it will give you your aim points for the reticule, and so far it has proven to be brilliant, absolutely spot on (excuse the pun) for my loads, you simply cannot go wrong with a Nikon mate.

• Like 1

One word mate, NIKON, I use a Prostaff 3-9x50 with bdc reticule on my .243 it is amazingly clear, the bdc reticule is brilliant, it does all I want for lamping and stalking, and if you go on here http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/spoton/spoton.html#Index:20

you can put your details in, and it will give you your aim points for the reticule, and so far it has proven to be brilliant, absolutely spot on (excuse the pun) for my loads, you simply cannot go wrong with a Nikon mate.

I've got the same on my 22 LR but tempted to take it off and swap it over onto my 243.

The glass is very clear and I took it lamping rabbits the other week and was very happy with the clarity.

I got mine off here second hand for £100 so very pleased. Lovely little scope.

I like the Redfield revolution scopes. Have 1 on my .22-250 and getting another for my wife's .17 Hornet once her FAC comes through

I think redfield scopes are under rated, I had one 20+ yr ago and it sat on 243, then 270 it's been on 222 and 223, and it never let me down don't know why I sold it in the end, my mates just put one on his 270 I set it up for him, and to be honest it's spot on, they are worth having, his was maybe a little short, but they have generous eye relief, well worth a try,

To be honest Hutchey I've looked through a friends Swarovski and side by side with my S&B their is very little difference IMHO. Also Redfield are made by Leupold at the same factory and cary the same glass and lifetime warranty. For me the price tag difference between the Redfield, swaro and S&B Imo doesn't quite justify.