Tried one out and probably going to get one to add on to my 223 so i can keep the day scope on it for other things

New photon first though for my rimmy

You popped in to see Clive after all then Hutchey? I've been meaning to drop you a line for an update? What did you think?

Went in to see him last Wednesday, nice guy and helpful.

Honest opinions about other products and his own, no hard sell etc.

Wish I'd taken my 223 in with me that night but will be venturing back got a second look hopefully next week when the new photon comes out.

The wardyvision looks well made, small, dead easy to add on to end of scope and thin enough yo be able to sling the rifle over my shoulder still, which the snipercam can't. At least not without it banging about.

Didn't try much above 10 mag on Clive's rifle with a t50 ir on it.

Looked like I could have zoomed up to at least 14 without any fuss so foxes and rabbits out to 200 should be dead easy on my 223

Mmmmm ........ I'm still mulling it over.

I like the fact that it is small. Owning an add-on has always put me off because of the new position that your head has to occupy on (or sometimes off) the cheekpiece.

I've laso heard that some scopes get a better performance than others, due to different coatings on the lenses etc. Are there any scopes in particular that he doesn't recommend? I use a number of different scopes, and this is what concerns me.

They seem to be on back-order at the moment, It's getting towards 3 weeks ago since I ordered mine and still no sign of it. Clive also doesn't seem to be able to tell me when it's likely to arrive.

EDIT: Then 30 mins after posting this I get notification that it's shipped. Appy dayz

Edited by zlinuk
  • Like 1

They seem to be on back-order at the moment, It's getting towards 3 weeks ago since I ordered mine and still no sign of it. Clive also doesn't seem to be able to tell me when it's likely to arrive.

EDIT: Then 30 mins after posting this I get notification that it's shipped. Appy dayz

Give us a review when you get the chance. :thumbs:

I like the fact that it is small. Owning an add-on has always put me off because of the new position that your head has to occupy on (or sometimes off) the cheekpiece.

I've laso heard that some scopes get a better performance than others, due to different coatings on the lenses etc. Are there any scopes in particular that he doesn't recommend? I use a number of different scopes, and this is what concerns me.

I am using a Hawke sidewinder on my nv rifle and it's great in day out to 300m easily.

The wardyvision doesn't appear to add on much to the eye relief on the one I tested with and without the wardyvision on it.

I reckon it'll work perfectly with Mtc scopes, hawkers and probably most things that have parallax adjustment.

Speak to Clive on the nv forum

I am using a Hawke sidewinder on my nv rifle and it's great in day out to 300m easily.

The wardyvision doesn't appear to add on much to the eye relief on the one I tested with and without the wardyvision on it.

I reckon it'll work perfectly with Mtc scopes, hawkers and probably most things that have parallax adjustment.

Speak to Clive on the nv forum

Cheers Hutchey. I did ask him about the compatibility with Vortex scopes, but as yet I haven't received a reply. I'll have to give him a nudge. ;)

Picked the last one up from Clive last night after A LOT of deliberation between that and the "Wardy Vision".

For those that want to know more about the direct comparison i found this:

There are new Pills for the T series torches coming out so should give a lot more oomph so bear this in mind when looking for NV icon_thumbup.gif

1) The Photon (6.5 power) in normal day mode (9pm so just still light) needed the cap removed to see anything. icon_thumbdown.gif
Not sure if this will be different in full daylight or whether it will need the pin hole in the cap bored out a bit wider as per what others have said before.

2) In the dark at normal magnification the Photon is really good. However, the onboard IR is probably only good enough for an absolute max of 100 yards! icon_thumbdown.gif
With the T50 on it though it is an entirely different beast and works very well out to what i think was about 200 yards. icon_thumbup.gif (unconfirmed measurement)

3) In the dark with the Yukon NVRS 1.7 lens screwed on (now leave the ring on that comes with it or you'll be showing about 2mm of thread) and the T50, this thing can pick out rabbits easily at circa 300 yards icon_clap.gif

4) I tried the N1000 IR Laser with it and didn't notice a lot of difference than the T50. Maybe a few extra yards but it was hard to tell as I don't know the ground we were on.

5) Wardy Vision is nice and thin, pretty light and has it's own DSA built in. icon_thumbup.gif It doesn't add much to my eye relief either so I still have a nice shooting position on the stock. (Although i may need lower mounts anyway)

6) Wardy Vision on my scope (8-32x50) with a T50 will easily get out to 300 on rabbits (maybe 350 is possible)
This was starting at the 8x and i got up to 16x before the loss of a tight beam of IR light started to make it unlikely to take a shot)

7) Wardy Vision on the 8-32x50 with the N1000 IR Laser still got me out to circa 350 on rabbits at 8x mag and then up to 16x mag before it ran out of IR Light.

8) On the subject of mounts, as the Wardy Vision has the DSA screw on the bottom, you may need to watch your clearance for the bolt coming back! icon_problem.gif

I opted for the photon with the Yukon Lens to take the mag to just over 11x.
If you are using only one rifle then this is most likely enough and will work well, however if you need to swap the scopes to another rifle then you'll probably be looking at some quick-detachable mounts and then just adjust the zero for the calibre being used once you know the numbers on the digital X and Y axis of the reticle.

I've yet to try this or hear of others that have already checked whether the POI changes from the 6.5 mag to the 11 mag icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

With the new T Pills arriving i reckon the distances will improve on those I've estimated.

I'm going to go and try it over the weekend and see what happens and how this then leaves me with a redundant rifle in my rimfire...................
It may be that i need to revert to either having 2 of these Photons or just go to the Wardy Vision.

Either i would be happy with from what my testing showed yesterday. icon_thumbup.gif icon_clap.gif

• Like 1