Kennel Floor Coating

Im in the middle of new runs myself and have tried alot of different products and paints on my old ones, power washing couple of times a week soon tested most of them and most failed. Ive been in contact with a guy from watco, im going with one of there products for my new pens, its a non slip epoxy resin and he guarenteed me its ideal for the job, here is the reply i got back and a link to the product.

Thank you for your email regarding your dog runs.

I would suggest the following:

1. Lay a new concrete (not a self-levelling compound as they are not durable enough and a paint will not bond very well) base.

2. Leave for approx. 4 weeks then etch it with Watco Etch & Clean. This will remove any surface laitance (a weak dusty layer that you get on new concrete), clean it and leave you with a good key for a coating to bond to.

3. Apply 2 coats of Watco Safety Coat Cold Cure. This is a two pack polyaspartic coating which will withstand urine is very scratch and UV resistant and will cure in low temperatures, (so if the kennel floor is unheated it won’t cause a problem).

4. After the second coat has been applied it needs to be left to chemically cure before putting the area back into use (see datasheet).

You mentioned power washing – that’s fine providing you are using cold water, not hot. Hot water can make a coating deteriorate quite quickly so avoid this and avoid using harsh cleaning chemicals.

I have attached the data sheets for your perusal which covers surface preparation, application, curing times, etc.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me

Kind regards,

Sent: 15 April 2015 23:20

To: sales

Subject: General enquiry

http://www.watco.co.uk/watco-safety-grip-cold-cure.html

The stuff I use is a resin the finish is smooth it's snit like self leveller we use it in factory's it's not cheap though but it's good like I say no smells stains and water stays on surface so squigy it off then there's no paddling water into bedding etc

I used a two part self leveling compound (the type u buy with liquid in tub to mix ) then when dry two coats of thompsons water seal. Did mine 4 years ago & still in good condition if you pour water on it in morning still a puddle at nite. Other kennel got tiled floor with tiled skirtings all round. Both floors just mop clean ?

Fox digger resin best stuff out doesn't hold smells either water sits on top of if I just use a squidgy to remove water

Yea it seems the best of what i what ive looked into so far, the sand is added after you roll on the resin to add grip, i wont be puttin any grip on it. Hopefully with the fall ive put on the floors there will be no puddles, it should run off as soon as it leaves the dog!!! Lol,