Ey up folks, wondering if you can shed some light on some trouble I had last night.

I have purchased a new Hawke sport HD 3-9x40 for my prosport and went down to the range last night to zero in.

Got a rough zero, then unscrewed the locking ring on the objective to get a fine focus to help fine tune the zero.

Screwed the locking ring back on after setting the focus, double checked it and went on with zeroing.

Went back in after a 10 min break and the image was blurry, the focus was too far away, so readjusted it again.

Same thing happened again.

Any idea what's going on? Is my springer knocking I out of focus? Do I need to 'zero' my parallax every time? Don't remember having this trouble with my old leapers but I mainly shot that on the 20yd range.

Ta!

• 5 weeks later...

Seems odd, but does it do it every time. Your eyes may be getting used to a specific focus whilst you are zeroing/shooting, but during the short break they go back to normal if that makes sense, and then when you go back to looking through the scope again they have to re-adjust all over again. Failing that, I have come across some fixed parallax scopes which don't respond well to re-parallaxing, not many mind. You may have just been unlucky with this individual.

John.

• Like 1

I have two of those Hawke scopes, the fixed focus was 100 yards, as I wanted them for air rifle I unscrewed the locking rings and turned the lens to adjust it to about 35 yards. It was extremely fiddly getting the locking ring back on without moving the lens but I managed. The focus appears to have remained the same since. Perhaps you have screwed the ring back on without the lens holding ring being fully seated and it's moving a little.

• Like 1