new locators

i been out today and my old deben box is fu.kd im fed up trying to get a good mark just keeps makin crackling noises. its been to be re calabrated but just not reliable enough. does anyone no witch of the new ones are the best ? iv herd some are crap ?cheers

I'm looking for a new box and posted a few days ago, every one said b & F by a mile but one person sugested an Ortovox system, had a look and was impressed, trouble is they are only available in germany and i can't find any one who has used one!!

They are 340 euros for the set so are a bit cheaper than the B & F, here is the link - if it works

:D

http://www.waidwerk-international.com/

A little birdie tells me B+F are trialling a new collar and locator.Supposedly longer range,more accurate,and the collar transmitter will be half the size. :thumbs:

they are seen this on an american site, supposed to be out next year, as a lot of the yanks do not like the bulkier collar.

SO YOU HAVE CLICKED WHO I AM THEN :clapper::thumbs:

yes the penny has dropped now. you only meet a good dog man or woman once in a life time and you were one of them keep in touch tally dont want to loose touch now. rember that dog ram bullx fu .k what a dog he was still havent been able to replace him ?

YEAH WILL DEFINATLEY KEEP IN TOUCH, HAVE YOU STILL GOT THAT PATTERDALE X BULL BITCH, ?

yea poker.. had 4 pups from her a year ago but the one bitch went to a right prick got no work attaked another dog and he had her put down just shows you people say things ile do this and ile do that but do f..k all and the dog pays the price

A little birdie tells me B+F are trialling a new collar and locator.Supposedly longer range,more accurate,and the collar transmitter will be half the size. :thumbs:

they are seen this on an american site, supposed to be out next year, as a lot of the yanks do not like the bulkier collar.

The yanks that use them like them fine......a lot of keyboard hunters think they're too large however.

B&F everytime for me nice kit and reliable and gets you to within 4 inches :yes: of the dog.

read about Ortovox on the above mentioned site and it reads

For Earth Dogs

The ORTOVOX-BAUHUNDESENDER (EARTH DOG TRANSMITTER) which is fastened on the dog's collar sends a radio signal. The ORTOVOX-HUNDERETTER (DOG RECEIVER) receives the signal. The lesser the distance between transmitter and receiver the louder the tone gets. With the rotary switch you can change the range- and search area from 40m to 1m (43 yrds to 1 yard). Also, navigation is shown optically with three colored LEDs.The ORTOVOX-BAUHUNDESENDER (EARTH DOG TRANSMITTER) which is fastened on the dog's collar sends a radio signal. The ORTOVOX-HUNDERETTER (DOG RECEIVER) receives the signal. The lesser the distance between transmitter and receiver the louder the tone gets. With the rotary switch you can change the range- and search area from 40m to 1m (43 yrds to 1 yard). Also, navigation is shown optically with three colored LEDs.

43 yrds to 1 yard :no: 3feet 36 inches it a long way from the dog ! depends terrain ect i suppose :feck: