Big Cats in the UK

Guest ocs1867

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know cos i have seen with my own eye's...(incidentally not that far from a train line-interesting theory about how they get about- this train line also has 50 yards of undergrowth either side of the track and runs from london to birmingham) ...

me and dawn (and others) disagreed on this on M oochers,(although the poll i started is still over 70% believe) but i know what i saw and it was bigger than my 17 inch to the shoulder spaniel, couldn't tell the colour cos it was in silouhette as the sun was behind it, but it was definitley a cat and definitely big......my spaniel by the way hates cats (normal moggies) and isn't scared of deer or foxes either, and she wouldn't enter the undergrowth where the cat slinked off to 8)

Dont know whether they are ferals of these new exotic specimens, hybrids or puma's and cougars but they aren't native and are cats...

since i met that cat that evening whenever i have my gun i always have a couple of SG cartridges to hand........

DS .....i like a lot of points you made and agree with you, lets all trust the UK government, they wouldn't lie or cover things up to avoid panic would they :whistling: they wouldn't bend the truth to avoid having to concede things to the populace, how many people have wild boar on their land and how many have wild boar on a FAC??

I have heard the same stories as DS quoted about defra employee's and also about police being forced to cover up things...............it suits the government to remove evidence then the eye witnesses are left with no corroboration and are viewed as crackpots or deluded......

I hope one day i am sat in a hide or am sat waiting for rabbits to emerge from cover....with my trusty 12gauge (2 sg cartridges should do it) and can bring you the proof that dawn so adamantly demands ,

The truth is out there.................i have seen i believe

I saw a Lynx about 4y ago in the MOD land that borders the coast up here in Scotland..at one stage i saw him from about 100yards...the dogs were terrified and i was frozen to the spot, he stood up and walked away, very calmly..i called my husband who told me to get over to one of the internal roads where there would be people, i began walking the 3 miles towards the road, i had to go down through the deep dunes to climb up and over the other side..i looked up to realise that the Lynx was standing above me from the next hill over..i have never, ever been so sh1t scared in all my life. Three weeks after my sighting, two women walking their dogs also had an encounter with him.

There had been several deer (Roe) found in the area, decapitated and gutted..rogue dogs had got the blame..but i wonder..a miniature Shetland pony had also been killed on a local farm..but despite searches the Lynx was never found.

i know cos i have seen with my own eye's...(incidentally not that far from a train line-interesting theory about how they get about- this train line also has 50 yards of undergrowth either side of the track and runs from london to birmingham) ...

me and dawn (and others) disagreed on this on M oochers,(although the poll i started is still over 70% believe) but i know what i saw and it was bigger than my 17 inch to the shoulder spaniel, couldn't tell the colour cos it was in silouhette as the sun was behind it, but it was definitley a cat and definitely big......my spaniel by the way hates cats (normal moggies) and isn't scared of deer or foxes either, and she wouldn't enter the undergrowth where the cat slinked off to 8)

Dont know whether they are ferals of these new exotic specimens, hybrids or puma's and cougars but they aren't native and are cats...

since i met that cat that evening whenever i have my gun i always have a couple of SG cartridges to hand........

DS .....i like a lot of points you made and agree with you, lets all trust the UK government, they wouldn't lie or cover things up to avoid panic would they :whistling: they wouldn't bend the truth to avoid having to concede things to the populace, how many people have wild boar on their land and how many have wild boar on a FAC??

I have heard the same stories as DS quoted about defra employee's and also about police being forced to cover up things...............it suits the government to remove evidence then the eye witnesses are left with no corroboration and are viewed as crackpots or deluded......

I hope one day i am sat in a hide or am sat waiting for rabbits to emerge from cover....with my trusty 12gauge (2 sg cartridges should do it) and can bring you the proof that dawn so adamantly demands ,

The truth is out there.................i have seen i believe

Ey up Compo! :D

Just a question ..........................or two, :D as I didnt want to get into this again. How, if the government are "covering up" the existance of these Cats, have the PUBLIC who are the ones claiming to see them, never ever got any proof themselves? bit like UFO's dont you think, you wont prove it cos they arent there.

As I said before, how are these Cats still getting here into the wild? People certainly are not keeping them in their homes as they did in the early eighties, DS is refuting me when I adressed his point of a kit being present, suggestive of the animals breeding in the wild here, so how do they "appear?" They have a life span sverage of around 15yrs, less in the wild, a bit more in captivity, how are these usually adult animals just turning up?

How also can trackers and hunters in other countries find them with ease, yet when one of Canada's best Cat trappers/trackers came here he concluded there was no evidence to suggest anything he saw was done by a big cat?

.........................And i had a left and right at flying pigs too.Get real -PROVE IT . :gunsmilie: .

As an educated man myself ,i am very sceptical of what others would have me believe unless i see it for myself or inconclusive proof ,of which neither has come my way ,despite local sightings around a country pub :hmm: Ive been to sheep kills ,tracks and tree scrapings and not one is the work of a cat of any description .Ive seen some large FERAL AND FARM CATS ,ALL BLACK ,which is what could be mistaken for pumas etc, i believe .

Guest little_lloyd

I was reading an Oldish copy of shooting times earlier this moring about a Roe carcass found on a shoot up in Northumberland. Mentions that they dont think its a fox or a dog for that matter, due to the lack of chew marks on the bones :hmm:

Reading on in the Article it goes on to mention Gordon Ramsey's two lambs he was rearing for that TV show ''The F word'' One of the lambs was savaged to death by what is to belived to be a notirous big cat :o

Getting on,..... The carcass was sent up to Scotland for autopsy by vet experts. Big cats where suspected beacuse of the disinctive way the flesh had been stripped from the bones.

Could be our cats :hmm:

But ill leave ya'll to think about it ;)

Tut ,tut,tut the arrogance off the hunter. We are all that good at it are we no by the repeated bumpings off the like " we would as dedicated hunters bagged one by now". B------s, for a start we stink too high all mighty and only the stupid and upwind are shot, we celebrate the stalk against the prey beast but assume that this hedge squatting will bag another kind of predator!!!!!!!, again sylvester, how many have bagged one,nobody I have heard off, feck me.. "I haven't seen one therefore blinkerdeblink,blink".....okay, so sylvestor is legend only, . I also would say that what evidence is there that calves or foals are not taken! Ye think every time that happens, as I believe it does from my circle of friends , that they run too the nosey,ppokey,shifty,twofaced,slimey,humpybacket,useless local govenment officia for assistance.........kiss my scottish arm. Come on wake up and tug back on the ring thru yer nose.

P.S a variation lisc was going too be granted for the moving off sheep during F+M after predation, for a neighbour off mine,they then lifted the movement ban, the pictures I saw where veryintresting but he @ 68 won't let them out for his own reasons. Iknow ..ye all want the conclusive evidence and what proof etcetcetc . Someone has it already I believe

PPS Shove the polis !!!!

i'm sure it's a matter of time 'if' a local hunter catches something,but i won't be holding my breath yet again,

we all carry around with us a host of useful digital capturing devices in the form of mobile phones, digital camera etc;it's funny though that the only released shots of something'conclusive'is usually inconclusive,because of a lack of extra images of captured/shot creature,but hey this isn't Hollywood so we will have to live with it,i have reached my own somewhat temporary

conclusion that the images in the tabloids = MONEY,and by not including more photographic evidence increases the value of submitted photo+story,now if me or anyone else on these forums actually caught and killed a strange looking creature we would

make sure it was well recorded by taking enough photos of said creature,and if we perhaps was not so technologically inclined,

we DEFINITELY would 'know a man who can' record this animal,and also we are all hunters on these forums and it's OUR business

to prove it,so if we can't catch what we see,then it's usually not there....

Higgins.