Who Remembers When We Had No Gadgets

Don't know about gadgets but now you got to have hunting clothes /boots base ball cap camo of course even coats for the dog and all sorts of whistles to help your pooch hunt hand and feet warmers plus knifes that cost a fortune apps to load up info when and what you shot you got to have the right chokes in the gun .Used to go out with work pants donkey jacket or ex army camo coat wellies or pit boots side by side shotgun 1/4 and 1/2 choke no lead for the dog and only one whistle that's if I had remembered it, on me head flat cap or woollie hat .on a posh day babour or belstaff coat mole skins trouser and polished pit boot. Had as much fun then as now but didn't take as long to get ready

• Like 2

hily thats what i mean and remember , my 1st sxs cost 35 quid, quarter / full , non ejector, bit of wood added by me to the stock as it did not fit , old ex army boots or wellies and coat / flat cap , pocket of shells in one side sandwich in other , hip flask, and the dog , pull up at the farm walk the tree line take a couple of pigeon , see where they were flighting sit in the tree line on a fallen log and birds out and fire away ,

now its net, poles, seat, deaks, flapper , spinner , lofting poles , camo, kit , face camo. sun glasses , and a gun that cost a grand, and kitchen sink lol ,half a car full of stuff , lugging it all to a spot setting up then glad to sit down , and packing it all away again , life was so much easier then, but hey good fun no matter how long it takes to get started , glad i am not the only one that remembers the easy old days , good shooting all

• 3 weeks later...

The gun and cartridges ARE gadgets, when I was a boy I used to climb the trees naked, just covered in mud and wait motionless for pigeons to roost before grabbing them by the feet and despatching them with my teeth.

We didn't have any cooker then so I would have to gut them with my fingernails because knives didn't exist, and eat them raw with the feathers on which meant I didn't have to use toilet paper as that was a luxury in those days.

Of course we had it tough back then. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

You tell young people today and they don't believe you.

• Like 4