I tried adjusting that at the time, but it didn't really make any difference, I only seem to have trouble when on 9 x magnification, the image quality is clear on the other magnification settings, that's why I wonder if it's at its limit if you know what I mean, and maybe I'd be better with a higher magnification scope, where I can use x10 or x11 where the scopes not at its maximum magnification if it's a 4-12 x mag scope. If that makes any sense lol

In addition to above sound advices. And regardless of the specification of scope you have.

1.Set your current scope on its full magnification length. ( 9 X Mag). If you have an adjustable front focus ring try and get as clear a focused sightpicture as you can.

2.Focus your retiicle with the rear adjustable focus ring on the back of the eye-bell and occular lens. As you do this it is essential you concentrate on the image of your target distance and do not look directly at the reticle itself but, watch as it comes into sharp focus over the target/sightpicture.

The ideal set-up for any scope is that, you should be able to view your target at a given set-max-range distance in perfect focus, with the reticle/crosshair super-imposed and crisp-focused on it. So you are looking at a crisply sharp target sightpicture in the lenses, not your reticle focused on it but the whole thing in crisp sharp focus with the crosshairs over it in a natural sense..

Thiis is how you correctly set your paralax range distance in correct relief on max magnification.

Now, reduce the magnification to 6X or thereabouts and your scope will be perfectly set up for all your shooting distances, correctly paralaxed in clear focus and help you control your aim, without jumping all over the place, in exagerated jumps, as you see at higher, maximum settings.

If all is still blurred, respectfully, you might need better glasses. Particularly so if your scope is fixed-focus.

Best wishes.

Simon.

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 4

Went onto the range this morning, got the picture at 50 yards a bit more clearer, but still think I could do with a bit more magnification. Maybe the lighting conditions weren't helping last week. I better start saving if I'm gonna go for the panorama.