Cockerdale

Raymond

That is a lovely pup, would love something similar in the future.... you say it's bigger than you expected how big do you think it will end up. atb daywalker. Just want too ask is it entering cover yet and if yes what age did it start going in so too speak. thanks.

Edited by day and night walker
  • Like 1

Wanna watch.she don't get woodworm in those queen Ann legs lol no she's a nice pup mate

Its a bit weird the bow leg thing.Most the time when shes moving around she doesnt look bow legged. Only when she stands a certain way she looks bowed. Shes some set of paws on her

• Like 1

what size and how old is it now :thumbs:

Hi wi11ow. Im not one for writing down the dates.I just keep it rough in my head. Shes only about the 6 month mark or slightly over. Shes a fair weight when you pick her up. I will take her weight and height and let you know. The sire is the cocker spaniel.When picking my pup I was on my hunkers messing with the pups.The breeder let the sire out.I turned my head to see the sire.Hes some lump of a dog.He has a neck like a bull. Pure solid dog

Hi wi11ow. Im not one for writing down the dates.I just keep it rough in my head. Shes only about the 6 month mark or slightly over. Shes a fair weight when you pick her up. I will take her weight and height and let you know. The sire is the cocker spaniel.When picking my pup I was on my hunkers messing with the pups.The breeder let the sire out.I turned my head to see the sire.Hes some lump of a dog.He has a neck like a bull. Pure solid dog

nice young bitch looks dont mater :thumbs: shame the f****d the tail my bitch has grown into her legs she looked more bow legged as a younger bitch

Edited by wi11ow
  • Like 1

That is a lovely pup, would love something similar in the future.... you say it's bigger than you expected how big do you think it will end up. atb daywalker. Just want too ask is it entering cover yet and if yes what age did it start going in so too speak. thanks.

I was hoping she would be a bit bigger than a patterdale but not much bigger. If she gets much taller and bigger I probably should have got anothe lurcher like the one I have already. How big she will finish of I dont know as she just seems to keep growing,Her paws are huge.I would recommend this type of dog.She is only a pup and she is doing brilliant.She doesnt fly around like a spaniel. Shes ferreting about 2 months or so maybe a bit longer, time flies when your having fun. Shes doing a little bushing not much as shes been out ferreting and with my lurcher. I will leave the lurcher at home when Im finished ferreting and bring her bushing only with my 2 terriers.At times she acts like the lurcher which isnt a bad thing neither. The hedges I ferret the burrows run nearly the length of the field.She works the burrow up and down like the lurcher.She is telling me where the rabbit is going to show. She stopps some rabbits from bolting and sticks her head down the hole so the rabbit goes back into the feret and I get to dig to the rabbit.If theres any bolters she will fly after it through prety thick cover. I will get her out over the spring and summer bushing only for her to get more experience bushing only. Had her broke to my ferrets in about 10 seconds.

• Like 1

nice young bitch looks dont mater :thumbs: shame the f****d the tail my bitch has grown into her legs she looked more bow legged as a younger bitch

Yeah sure the tip of her tail is still bald since I got her. Some people think you just cut the tail.Theres more to it than that. She reminds me of something you said in a post about your older bitch being more steady and not just flying around like a mental spaniel. Dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with the way spaniels fly around,they sure do put out alot of game

Yeah sure the tip of her tail is still bald since I got her. Some people think you just cut the tail.Theres more to it than that. She reminds me of something you said in a post about your older bitch being more steady and not just flying around like a mental spaniel. Dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with the way spaniels fly around,they sure do put out alot of game

take her ferreting on her own :thumbs:

• Like 1

take her ferreting on her own :thumbs:

Sure I never thought of doing that.Isnt it mad how you focus on something and become blinded to another.I was focusing on getting her out more on her own just bushing with a couple of terriers. If she keeps going the way she is she will be a very good ferreting dog.I might have to wait till next season and give her a few ferreting sessions on her own. Sunday I was that focused on digging to a rabbit, the pup was half down the entrance of the burrow. I just kept digging and she was twisting and moving and like tugging.So curiosity got the better of me.I pulled the pup out of the way.She had the rabbit by the back legg.It was jammed under a big root. So the next time shes half down the hole I will have a look sooner.She is very soft mouthed wi11ow, Im delighted she didnt get the harder mouth from the terrier

• Like 1