24 Hour Car Isurance Best Get Some In The Bag

we decided to insure REW's car for 24 hours as hes ran out of insurance so we could head out somewhere good, conditions were terrible as there was lots of moon and no wind plus cold tempatures so in places it was pretty hard ground... I took LASS, Rew took FLY and our pal took along his lurcher GIZMO... we drove around for a while at the start of the night hoping to bump into rabbits but there was nothing around bar 1 rabbit lass bagged, so after a detour we hit some of our spots which holds a fair few rabbit, we arrived there for 1.50am so time was against us, we walked 2 and half hours around the first spot splitting up here and there so we could cover more ground, we was catching 1's and 2's here and there then i hit a nice little spot and bagged around 7 - 8 in a row with lass and i could hear dinstant squeels so i knew Rew and Jeff were baggin a few, we met back up and headed back to car with around 20 rabbits and headed the over side of the road... This side wasnt to populated unlike the last few times we have bin but we carried on same as before and was bagging a couple here there, I ran a blue and white rabbit with lass which she caught but only threw a gap in the sheep fencing but failed to pull it back through and dropped it, would of bin nice to of caught it as it would of bin my first, when the clock hit around half 6 we called it a night and ended of 34, Lass catching 18, Fly catching 6, Gizmo catching 10. all dogs ran well considering the conditions and gizmo performed well for jeff and fly done well considering her old age and fitness, Rew and Jeff managed to lose a few bunnies will let rew fill you in lol, cheers for reading ATB Guys

heres a few pics of the nights bag

post-27380-0-33874100-1423494098_thumb.jpg

post-27380-0-25723100-1423494124_thumb.jpg

LASS'S 18

post-27380-0-14593800-1423494138_thumb.jpg

GIZMO'S 10

post-27380-0-52757800-1423494177_thumb.jpg

FLY'S 6

post-27380-0-70967000-1423494211_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Heres a video clip of each dog making a catch.

It was a very expensive night out costing £80 with £40 insurance and same again on petrol. We wasted far to much time trying to find ground, we ended up passes ground I remembered lamping before but when we checked their wasn't anything to run. Seems like the regulars have hammered these places but the conditions were against us. With 4 hours driving and we had only 1 rabbit. We hyped the trip up so much and it looked as though we were going to look like prats. So we travelled back on ourselves to try find ground the other two had lamped previously. 40mins later and we had arrived. We didn't waste anymore time and started walking the fields. Then Brandon gives me the bad news, "the last time we lamped these fields, we had caught 9" but this time we hadn't even had a slip. The plan was to walk further away from the road and then we started getting slips. Obviously the regulars have hammered the fields by the roads but the lazy arses hadn't touched the others.

Lass was on form as normal . Not only her catching but her retrieving also. She even caught the ones sat next to the stone walls and sheep fencing.

http://youtu.be/fA2CFzgax8k

Gizmo ran well too but missed a few because we were running absolutely everything to get a chance.

http://youtu.be/gf_Kst9KrWI

Fly ran well for her age, she has just come back from injury too and retrieved a daytime rabbit and tracked a deer the day previous so was feeling slightly worn out.She caught a couple squatters which shown her experience but another thing is she always tries harder when double up. She always wants to beat her opponent. This rabbit is the one she left in the field and I couldn't find it because the lads had carried on without me with no lamp. The b*****ds.

http://youtu.be/fsxRnMJBOs8

Cant wait to go again.

good hunting

rew

• Like 4

Is jeff getting a lamp Brandon? I don't mind not having one but on this occasion I just needed a hand to find the rabbit but you had no idea I lost the rabbit and I cant blame you for wanting to find more runs. I wouldn't get good runs on film if I had a lamp either.

Fly's not bad for nearly 8. Next time if we see the numbers I believe shes still got plenty left in her and I think she would catch more. I was giving her stupid slips trying to make chances from nothing so next time I would have to be a little more picky to get the best from her.

I do wish she had the enthusiasm to run the rabbits sitting next to the walls but she prefers the easier ones shes got a chance of killing. Thats why I said to the others, if the rabbits sitting on the wall then you might as well run it unless we slip fly in and then shes gonna compete against the other dog and hopefully end up catching more. At least that way the dog gets more runs on the night.

If we had rabbits in the middle of the fields, she will have a good go and usually catches them. Shes got a mean strike. .

Edited by REW
  • Like 1

i think it would be better if we had a lamp each so we could split up but i know what you mean about filming mate, hopefully we find good chances for all the dogs next time, luckily lass is good on the walls and hedges and forces rabbits into a pick up but you do get alot that just jump over or go through the wall, next time im taking my young dog so i will need as many good chances on rabbits that i could get and especially need single slips so i can get him retreiving them like he has done lately, leave fly off till we go mate and she should be rearing to go, her experience certainly shows at times :thumbs: