3/4 grey 1/4 collie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant speak for others but Im on about border. I had a beardie greyhound cross cracking little dog but she was stolen and the wounds never healed in my heart to allow me to have another one :cry: I think the beardie has as much to offer as the border, but I just decided to stick with borders as its easier to find true working ones than it is beardies, they are very thin on the ground :(

Mush that 3/4 looks a nice sort of bitch, Im planning to breed something like that out of my old dog, before he gets too old to do the business :laugh: and then put a greyhound over it to produce (hopefully) a decent collie cross that can do a bit of everything - heres hoping :toast:

Yep Border.

By the looks of your stock SJM youll not go wrong like you say its sometimes a generation or more to get what you want with your own line thats the way to look at it :clapper:

Thats some dog mush and your mates dad looks like he knows his way round a dog :thumbs:

The afghan cross is exactly the same type as the one i knew but his coat was dredded with living the rough life :whistling: we even changed his name to rasta .

I often woder if the afghan mix has been overlooked as they have a really strong preydrive and are not feared of anything was he the same hard dogs in their native land mind what isnt in afghanistan.

Your spot on about the collie used get a proper hard working border and theres a lot of difference some of them cattle dogs take some punishment and have to be mean to get the job done and then combined with a hard grew :victory: i owned one bred like that he was mean like the bitch there and on hare hed kill his self trying so hard he could only run the one :( he put so much into it.

I love heavy collie bred dogs

for rabbits what they lack in speed they make up on other departments and if you tally what they catch they can be very suprising and for mouching are very thourough was your little bitch the same.

Edited by juckler123