night vision

will_cox

hi guys

does anyone use night vision when out longnetting? i brought a night vision a while ago for this perpose for spotting rabbits at night.

cheers will

Half the fun's working in the dark, but how good's your outfit and is it hands free?. You could possibly scan the field first, but if the light you look at is bright you could spoil your own dark adjusted sight. Possibly however it could be of use. I've never seen one far less used one. :hmm:

hi guys

does anyone use night vision when out longnetting? i brought a night vision a while ago for this perpose for spotting rabbits at night.

cheers will

Half the fun's working in the dark, but how good's your outfit and is it hands free?. You could possibly scan the field first, but if the light you look at is bright you could spoil your own dark adjusted sight. Possibly however it could be of use. I've never seen one far less used one. :hmm:

i use a night owl explorer g2, handy bit of kit and very compact,i just check the ground over before i drop the net so i,m not wasting time setting a net for nothing

Bloke i do a bit with had a monocal and had some fun with that so he bought the bigger set up .And he would use it as i drove round and say put the light on NOW and he could fire right away as he knew where the prey was it sure helped fill the bag

hey up dogtilly

i brought my night vision for the main reason for foxes! got bored of not being able to see the foxes that my mate was shooting with his sako 22-250 and this ex-army nite vision gen 4 thats a bit of kit. but now using my NV of long netting

i can just see the grand old longnetters of the yesteryears turning in their graves now!

where's the fun in that? to see how quite you are and how you know the land

those grand old long netters would have snatched your hand off for night vision, it wasn,t all fun for them mate.

hey up dogtilly

i brought my night vision for the main reason for foxes! got bored of not being able to see the foxes that my mate was shooting with his sako 22-250 and this ex-army nite vision gen 4 thats a bit of kit. but now using my NV of long netting

if get gen 2 there ok for what you wont and good ir laser that i got my mate selling his gen 2 monocular and headset let me no if your after set

hey bullet

does that mean the grand old long netters would hate the idea of quickset long nets or would they think this is easier and quicker way to catch dinner??!! im all for keeping the old traditional methods!! but sometimes when you need a rabbit for the pot you just do the easiest method!!

i have not even used my nite vision with the longnet, only for the research before i go out netting so i can see which way the rabbits naturally run at night.

cheers will

Edited by will_cox

like will cox i use mine to have a look about days, weeks before dropping the nets.

not took it with me netting..got enough tackle to carry..so leave the night vision at home.

i have a yukon ranger mk 2...excellent tool.can see rabbits very easy at over 100 yards..