foxhound x grey

just out of interest would anyone consider this cross and what would it be like for work?
i had a first cross bitch . she was out standing . she would go and find a fox .100% with stock very good at marking . jump any thing . good in kennal. no good on the lamp . just a very good day time dog. i had many foxes with her.. she was stolen 8 years ago . i have had 2 more since but no way near as good as that bitch....
Guest Ditch_Shitter

I had a Fell Hound X Grey one time. Sadly, this was in the days before PC's had been envisaged, let alone Digital Cameras with which to prove even one's own existence, let alone back up every statement one dare utter. So, if ye'll indulge me while I go off on another flight of fantasy .....

Dog was black and white. Mostly black. He had a head and tail pretty much like ye'd expect on a Fell Hound. His ears were Fell Hound too. He had feet to die for and a chest as deep as hell which suddenly vanished into a waist like Kate Moss. In fact, the funny thing is; Unless ye examined him in profile, ye'd just think he was a Hound. Damndest looking Dog anyway.

But could he run? F*ck yes! :icon_eek: We had him out with my mates teriffic all rounder. Big, light fawn, broken coated Dog. I forget what silly name the later fashions tried to attatch to Dogs like Joe there. " Norfolk Lurker ", maybe? Anyway, Joe was a bloody fine Dog and did it all. Day time hares to night time rabbits of All sizes and descriptions. And this damn Dog was able to shadow Joe quite comfortably.

Know what his biggest short coming was? Quite simply; The Dog looked a c***! Honestly. He looked so f*cked up, he was an embarressment to be seen with. Of course, this was back when I was young enough to care shit about such things. But I too wanted a Dog that Looked the part. Like Joe did. My Dog looked like a sick joke. I gave him to a friend ~ and he too was amazed at what this f*cked up looking Dog could Do.

I lost track of that guy, but before I did? I never heard him say a bad word about that Dog.

this is a breed that ive always been interested in myself but i think i would go for 3/4 greyhound 1/4 hound, ive just never got one every time im ready for a new dog theres something in the back of my mind that talks me out of it for some reason but i cant quite put my finger on it, im sure ill give them a go one day though even if its just to get it out of my system cause youve got me thinking about it again now. do they work like a lurcher or like a hound suppose its down to the inderviduall at the end of the day :hmm:

A freind has a red bone greyhound cross the dog will out distance the stags and wear his prey out but on the shorter runs he is always last to the table. I had a grandpups of this dog and he was still not as fast as I would have liked. I traded him to a freind that liked him sorry no pics