New Pup

After thinking long and hard about whether to get another dog to replace my Border/Lakeland terrier bitch who died last year I have found a lovely whippet x collie. I do a lot more ferretting now since we moved house and have permission on my doorstep, really can't believe my luck as it starts in the field adjoining our gardens. I've been ferreting without a dog for a few months and I'm starting to have conversations with the ferrets!

I was going to get another terrier as it's what I have always had but after much deliberation and plenty of research on here reading old threads on small ferreting dogs I've gone over to the dark side and got myself a 3/4 Whippet X 1\4 collie. She comes from working stock and seems to be a bright and healthy pup. She is getting used to the chickens, ducks and ferrets and the kids love her. It's going to be a new experience for me to train a rabbiting dog but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

post-66191-0-79173300-1420450550_thumb.jpg

post-66191-0-94871000-1420450601_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

you wont go too far wrong with that pup for ferreting,best of luck with her,you out of the city now?

Deepest, darkest West Cork.

i know it well lol enjoy the stress free living there

• Like 1