Hi,

I was wondering how a pheasant drive works, like how do you guys get the birds to fly back to their home and how do you get the birds in place to flush them?

I know you realese them in a pen, but how do you get them to the point that you want them to flush from?

Regards,

Belgianhunter

In a beating line you will have 2 flanks, which are the sides, and a back line, when the flanks are in place the back will close in, and as the back links up with the flanks, everyone closes in slowly, stopping as birds get up, and this is what puts them over the guns, general in a pheasant drive is where you feed the birds, you will have a feed ride on the middle of a crop or wood depends on your drive, and whistle them back to feed them, if

They're hopper fed the hoppers will be in a drive. This is a rough idea mate hope this is a help!

• Like 1

You'd gradually move your feeders from the release pen to the feed site ie be it a gamecrop or wood. Just like whistle feeding really but whistle feeding you'd keep your birds more hungry to get em to the place you wish to fly em from.

• Like 3

A lot of birds generally roost where they was released, (pen) and whistle fed birds you feed at one for so long, then gradually move them a bit each day after a period of time, say a week in and around the pen, then slowly move them and whistle them to the drive, then eventually just fed in the drive, crop or wood, so they will fly to there from roost,

• Like 1

Don't be bitter just cuz your another wannabe that thinks the world owes them a decent job

Reet we get the picture the lad quit his job , I don't see what your big fekin problem is fella he's 18 he maybe won't get another chance that's his problem , how old are you ?
  • Like 1

Don't be bitter just cuz your another wannabe that thinks the world owes them a decent job

Reet we get the picture the lad quit his job , I don't see what your big fekin problem is fella he's 18 he maybe won't get another chance that's his problem , how old are you ?

Yup so what the ladscwas not happy and moved on big deal.hell get another job won't be on the streets for ever.at least his trying to find work .not another benefit fool.stop jumping on him at every chance.

That's all well and good in an ideal situation what about when the birds want too roost were you can't put a realease pen ie over a river of boundary stream tell me how you'll get round that seeing as you no so much for a lad who can't hack it

I'd be interested how you would stop birds choosing to roost over your boundary??

All I did was dog them off every morning as soon as they came down off roost so early starts dog them off every evening and [BANNED TEXT] the moon was right pushed them off during the night was hard work and had to sneak about a lot due to it being a boundary but all payed off [BANNED TEXT] on shoot days guns were happy Luckily I don't have that problem now but it'll come in handy if I move on

Any one can look good on easy shoots but when the hard work comes in on big shoots that's when your true lads shine. Eg downton castle has gone down hill cuz the main man left and other blokes didn't put effort in allot of lads I've seen from college just want to walk round wear the suit and shoot vermin not all but majority border hunter might be a decent lad but I had to work my way up from the bottom living in a shit hole caravan and working for a pittance wage and I survived so just winds me up [BANNED TEXT] folks want too cherry pick

• Like 1