heating

i was going to keep the pup in the house for a couple off months before i eased it into the kennel ....but the little fecker howled like hell last night :wallbash: it isnt that the little twat got me up three times at daft oclock :blink: ..it the nighbours they have a baby ...dont no if they have heard it or not but the pup seems better when its in company .......anyway its going in the kennel with the other two ..simple as that :thumbs: i didnt really want to use a heat lamp ..so is there any other alterentive you lads and lasses use when the nights grow colder ....just a bit of comfort for the pup..... :D some people dont bother with heat off anykind and i dont usally ...must be getting soft .. :hmm::D ....all the best snoop ...... :thumbs:

except whelping bitches I never put bedding under our dogs their kennels are constructed from marine ply and are wind resistant or draughtproof,last dog we lost was fourteen,havent had to treat fleas on any of our dogs for years.

Normally start by using a good pallet as a base and the work up from there

Everyones opinions differ but I find mine are healthier outside without bedding

except whelping bitches I never put bedding under our dogs their kennels are constructed from marine ply and are wind resistant or draughtproof,last dog we lost was fourteen,havent had to treat fleas on any of our dogs for years.

Normally start by using a good pallet as a base and the work up from there

Everyones opinions differ but I find mine are healthier outside without bedding

HofW: I do think that maybe you should tell folks that you keep GSDs and Collies: all with thick coats and thicker skin than most lurchers. Many lurchers wouldn't do well at all in those conditions, plus their thin skins need more padding underneath them than a thick coated dog to avoid bursas on their elbows and hocks. I know your dogs all look well and they are a credit to you: I just wouldn't want a newcomer to lurchers to think that all dogs need the same type of kenneling regardless of breed or type.

kingspan insulation in the sleeping section covered by ply board...then sredderd paper to lay on :thumbs:

going to add a heat lamp next month though.

the pup will soon snuggle up to the big dogs for heat mate dont worrie,i went to my mate the other day and hes got 2 pups in his pen a terrier and bedlington whippet and thay were ok in the cold snoopdog :thumbs:

if your still not sure you will have to bed down with them all under a big blanket :bye:

I insulated the kennel walls with polystyrene batts and then boxed in with 3mm ply, then put 150mm of wood shavings in the bottom and covered that with 2 pads of good hay (defo NOT straw).

its so warm i think i'll sleep in there myself :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh and the shavings are pine and the sleeping box has a draft stopper, bloody dog house is better than mine :thumbs:

I have a heat lamp, and it goes on on the cold days.The big fella sleeps in the house at night, and he has a tuffies bed , both in the kennel, and in the porch where he kips. Doesn,t bother me that folk say i,m soft, none of my dogs have ended up with rheumatism, or arthritis.