Too Old To Breed From

Vosey

Hello,

I have a lakie/fell bitch she has just turned 6, I would like to breed a pup from her but, her seasons have always come mid season or the pups would be born at holiday time.

She has just come into season and I would like to breed one litter but i am worried she maybe too old, is this the case?. Can somebody please advise

Thanks

Vosey

Thanks for comments, I thought about that but i don't know any good cockers, I always liked the old border lakies from when I was a kid so will go for that.

The dog and bitch are both what I like, decent size (under 14'' and spannable not that this affect bushing) and work well and they both have that dont mess with me attitude to life, good with the people they know but dont trust strangers.

• Like 1

Border/lakes were the business in the past, great little dogs,,but beware of the lads telling you to line your bitch with a bigger breed like a springer or cocker, yours is a first time older maiden bitch and could present with problems at whelping,it would be fine the other way round using the larger breed as the bitch, I hope your project works out fine and you have a healthy litter, good luck,WM

• Like 1