Can I ask has anyone bought there own reset scanner/reader for a Mitsubishi l200, I only ask as my light has come back on I had the clock spring/air bag squib done last yr and reset, which I was assured I would have to have done by Mitsubishi them selves,[cost £300 in total which is scandalous in my opinion there was an mot in that,] as they are the only ones who can reset there software around air bag lights,anyway I have noticed a few reader/scanners for sale, which mention Mitsubishi,and wondered if anyone could guide me to the right one,??

• Like 1

Just had my l200 in for new can belt . asked if they would turn my airbag light off as its come back on since my clock spring was replaced with a genuine mitsy part 6 months ago . they told me its the passenger side pre tensioner . and a new wiring loom for this is £800 ffs

I will get around the pre tensioners this week, but I am not happy with mitsubishi dealership, I want to sort it right and wanted some idea if there's a hand held scanner,reset, code reader, that would just read the airbag side of things, you can get one for the rest of the fault codes, I think for the next pickup I might go back to Toyota,

you can get generic code readers to work on the engine management side easily as they are standard codes, on the airbag and ABS system there is no legislation covering it so any scanner that will work on that side will not be cheap, laptop based system might be the way to go

very often pre tensioner faults are the connectors under the seats, do away with the connector and solder the joints (do them one at a time, and better to disconnect the battery for ten minutes first)

is this easy to do bud ? I believe its an mot failure with airbag light on ?

you can get generic code readers to work on the engine management side easily as they are standard codes, on the airbag and ABS system there is no legislation covering it so any scanner that will work on that side will not be cheap, laptop based system might be the way to go

I agree neil I am looking around and will do the job right,but its finding one with the right soft wear,I will be getting another car for the missis this next yr, so trying to find one that will cover most car's,its a total rip off by the garages protecting there own profits,there's lap tops on ebay but need to do my home work first,