1 HOB + 1 HOB=?????????

I have kept hobs together in a court plenty of room to avoid each other if neccesary during the breeding season when hormones are running wild. The occasional squabble did happen but nothing to severe however i wouldnt keep 2 hobs together in a cage environment could possibly result in "CAGE RAGE" :boxing:

I managed to keep my hobs together this summer no problem, but next year may be totally different :)

why would it be different next year FL due to reaching the sexual age?

well its possible they may not get along next summer, i have had ferrets live happily together for several seasons to then beggin to fight for no apparent reason, so there split up to save any stress & injury

ok cheers FL.......... do you think i should risk it and just get another one it is mainly for company as i feel sorry for the wee thing on his own but of course il be working it

Danny aka wabbit hunter

well take your ferret along to where ever you get the ferret from, you can see if he will mix with out to many problems :)

well i had him at my mates house a few weeks ago (about 4) that has a few ferrets just let them run about the court and the jills were play fighting with him (i think) and he seemed to be shy and was scared i think so maybe he would be ok hes a great natured we thing

thanks again

I have two hobs who live happily together with a jill also...BUT... they've ALL been de-sexed completely. It's a bit of a drastic alternative and costly but it does work if you really want to keep hobs only. Or you could do a Heath Robinson job with a couple of house bricks! :haha:

I have two hobs who live happily together with a jill also...BUT... they've ALL been de-sexed completely. It's a bit of a drastic alternative and costly but it does work if you really want to keep hobs only. Or you could do a Heath Robinson job with a couple of house bricks! :haha:

doesnt sound to nice lol let me desex you with a house brick!llf

i got three hobs in one large cage and they get on fine , the only problem is when they are in season the dominant one drags the others around by thier necks which you have to keep an eye on as thier necks do get sore . i would build a spare cage (always handy to have a spare ) and get an extra ferret , the positives of them having company in my opinion outway the negatives .

i got three hobs in one large cage and they get on fine , the only problem is when they are in season the dominant one drags the others around by thier necks which you have to keep an eye on as thier necks do get sore . i would build a spare cage (always handy to have a spare ) and get an extra ferret , the positives of them having company in my opinion outway the negatives .

thanks mate thats what i was thinking of doing but its always good to get as much advice from others ........

when do they usually cum into season?.........