1 HOB + 1 HOB=?????????

all my ferts live in a community system, 9 alltogether, 4 hobs,5 jills

the hobs consist of

buster the dad, now castrated

smudger and manky his sons

and nipper an ousider I bought in for next years breeding

you can see from watching them, they have already sorted out the dominance of who's who etc

but I still have a large block of cages, for putting jills or hobs into that i dont intend to breed from

i think if your keeping 2 hobs together, then you need to look at the habitat, a small cage and they prob will fight, a large court, and they have room to keep away from each other if need be

I have kept hobs together in a court plenty of room to avoid each other if neccesary during the breeding season when hormones are running wild. The occasional squabble did happen but nothing to severe however i wouldnt keep 2 hobs together in a cage environment could possibly result in "CAGE RAGE" :boxing:

I put my 2 unrelated hobs together a couple of months ago and they squabbled a bit for the first while but I just left them to it and now they are best mates. They do occasionaly have play fights etc but they are both as bad as each other for provoking them, and in any case jills fight all the time too its just playing/pecking order. In the breeding season it might get a little more hostile though, Ill have to play it by ear, but for now they are more than happy to cuddle up with each other to sleep!

cage rage lol well il try and borrow my mates hob to see how my one reacts then decide from there....... thanks guys

thats not gonna prove if the eventual keeping of two hobs will be ok, putting your mates hob in, and then a different hob later could be a totally different kettle of fish

I have kept hobs together in a court plenty of room to avoid each other if neccesary during the breeding season when hormones are running wild. The occasional squabble did happen but nothing to severe however i wouldnt keep 2 hobs together in a cage environment could possibly result in "CAGE RAGE" :boxing:

I managed to keep my hobs together this summer no problem, but next year may be totally different :)

I managed to keep my hobs together this summer no problem, but next year may be totally different :)

why would it be different next year FL due to reaching the sexual age?