Kajaki - British Afghan War Film

Kajaki Trailer:

They're calling it the 'British hurt locker'.

I read a news article on this incident and just makes you shake your head in disbelief. George cross was awarded for one of them! That's the highest medal for gallantry.

I'm quite looking forward to watching it.

Edited by Born Hunter

In the 1980s the Kajaki dam and surrounding centre were a Russian r&r centre, before the Muj overran it and cut the heads off everyone they found.

The main problem with these legacy minefields is that they have migrated since sowing. Depending on slope and climactic conditions this can be by 100s of metres.

• Like 1

Don't know anything about the film,,,,but it's an insult calling it the British hurt locker,,because that hurt locker film,,,was just typical yank gung-ho shit,,,I was gob smacked with all the oscars it got....especially as it was up against avatar

Really? That's not what I see. I see how the producers have tried to convey the raw reality of a f***ing horrendous situation a few tough men from 3 Para went through and the bravery they showed. A situation so horrendous that three lost limbs and one lost his life when the Chinook that was supposed to save them set off yet another mine. Four men decorated for gallantry, one of which received the highest possible, the GC.

JMO, but it's not a glorification of war but a testimony to the highest levels of bravery exhibited by British troops in a continuously deteriorating situation.

:thumbs:

• Like 2

There is f**k all glorious about war or conflict, you are left with survivors casualties and bodies.Those who take an active role witness the brutality of war first hand and later their families and friends have to live with the consequences . Justifiable or not it is a dirty job that is done by brave lads in uniform