Hectic Weekend !

After Saturdays start with the doe's Sunday morning see me out before light over the same place , but the wind was blowing the right way to get at the deer in the top fields by going through the grounds of the house & out on to the parkland were the deer where appearing virtually every day ..As I worked my way through the gardens (which only took 5min) I glassed up the field barely light enough I could see too big bunches , the nearest group only 100 m away , this looked promising , as I stood there the glasses suddenly filled up with the blurred form of a doe , no more than 30m in front of me , she had walked out of the rhododendron bushes I was hiding behind , slowly lowering the glasses & raising the rifle to the sticks I had been leaning on she dropped .. a crashing sound from the back of the bushes told me there were more in there . Taking a few paces back so I could see the other side 4 deer run out , three went left the forth went right , dropping to the ground , the bipod open , I watched as the single deer dived straight into cover , the three that cut left then decided they had taken the wrong route and sprinted right stopping briefly to check it was safe , in that small window of opportunity another one dropped.. Within ten minutes of starting I had two down .Quad out I picked up the second doe & drove down where I had the hoist set up from Saturday .I went back for the first one ,as I loaded her I could see the deer filtering out of the bottom of the field onto the lower fields .Back towards the hoist I thought I'd have a quick look around the fields at the back of the offices , six or seven doe's & a half tidy looking buck I had just enough time to kill the engine & get a bead on an old looking doe before they took off ..she jumped ran a few mtr's before throwing herself backwards & down ..That was three before 9,30 ..collecting her I headed back to the hoist to gralloch the last two ...All done I was on my way home to meet up with Rabid who was coming down for a couple of outing on the deer he won in the Auction ... the deer weighed in at 61,58, 58lb ...

post-81636-0-00350300-1415653473_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

You couldn't go stalking with a more professional stalker and a top fella you will have a great time

Good luck.

Yep, agreed, Rich was a true gent and great bloke, I am itching to get back for more now, not sure he realises what he has done !

Does this fella do guided stalks then or did you just go up as a pal ?

He did not ask me for a single penny, he donated his time and everything that went with it for a good cause in an auction, I was lucky enough to be the winning bidder.

You would need to speak to him directly to see if he offers guided stalking.

Excellent shooting. What gun and which ammo you use.

Hunter , I use the tika T3 lite in s/s with the synthetic stock in 6.5 x55 , atec mod .Swarovski 2.5 x10 x56 ir ..the ammo is loaded by a pal of mine , the spiteful bit is 128gr ...the meat damage is minimal & accuracy is fabulous ...

• Like 2