An Introduction From Hereford Newbie

Morning All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm back into air rifle hunting after nearly 20 years off and typically everything has changed while I was gone but it doesn't take long to pick things back up and realise how much you've missed the things you grew up with as a kid.

I'm now the proud owner of an Air Arms S200 Mk3 .177 and we're very happy together thank you :D

I had a Hatsan AT44-10 for all of 3 weeks but would have stood more of a chance of hitting anything if I'd threw it at the target from 50 yds away. I won't moan too much as I'm sure some of you out there have had good experiences with them.

Anyway the S200 is a great gun and super accurate. With the benefit of being almost the right size for my son to learn with (under my Supervision obviously), I really love the idea of teaching him the skills that my father taught me which of course were passed on to him by my Grandfather. Anyway with all the practise they get these days on the 'X-station' he should be a level 3 sniper by now so it shouldn't be too hard :huh:

Its a great forum with some really useful information and sound advice

All the best

welcome mate i like the 200 my self

Got to say I'm really impressed! I tried the AA S400 while down at Treetops Shooting ground in Newport and decided then that the Hatsan just didn't cut it for me. The day after I went to a local RFD, tried out a few different models and found the S200 was the one, size, accuracy and price was spot on plus they offered me a really good deal on part ex with the AT44.

I opted for the .177 as it was what I grew up with and personally I am confident that I can dispatch in a clean and humane way using this calibre. Got to say though that I've now got the best of both worlds as my lady went out and got herself an S200 .22 last week!! Again its super accurate but I've not used a .22 for vermin control and I'm still getting used to pellet curve so wouldn't feel confident to using it without risk of wounding therefore I'll stick to my .177 for now.

One good thing is that when I go out with my gun I can now pinch the bottle off my ladies gun and take it as a spare....result.....but don't let her know!