First X Bull Grey ?

"Breed from shite produce shite" well ive seen some shite come out of half decent workers decended from generations of workers aswell so we might aswell all stop looking for the perfect pup and just all come to you because you seem to know everything

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why breed out of 2 non working dogs when there is plenty of well bred pups out of tested parents available to buy and would be cheaper in the long run

Why would you use a pet to try and make working dogs? The fact you call it a "red nose pit" tells me everything I need to know. Shit bred "pit bulls" (that are more likely some kind of god awful mash

Obviously it would be better to use a tested dog, but that can be hard to find for some people. If the dog has what you consider the right conformity, temperament, drive, bloodlines, etc and the only

Take the red nose lamping for a few nights on the trot. See what he's made of. Hardly rocket science is it. Least that way you'll get an inkling of whether he's suitable breeding stock or not.

Yep exactly and if it doesn't jib then go ahead and breed away.

• Like 1

How many,,pure greys, get tested in the feild not the track,, more oftern than not there is atleast 50% of the greys blood coursing through our lurchers veins,, yet many of us couldnt say for sure if they were tested on quarry in the feild. They are the platform baseline for our lurchers, to fail here is to fail at the first hurdle,,,or is it. Some may say so long as the grey is sound in conformation and shows decent preydrive and speed then that is enough to warrant its use.

imo there is not enough emphasis on the grey side of lurcher breeding, i think in the past many are guilty of not being fussy enough. This imo maybe the differance between good dogs,, and special ones.

As for the pit blood,,, if it is pure pit (which i doubt) or has a heavy influence of full pit blood then you will not find anything in the uk to sicken it,, its not in there dna to jack,,large staffs on the other hand well thats a different story.

Edited by merle24
  • Like 1

How many,,pure greys, get tested in the feild not the track,, more oftern than not there is atleast 50% of the greys blood coursing through our lurchers veins,, yet many of us couldnt say for sure if they were tested on quarry in the feild. They are the platform baseline for our lurchers, to fail here is to fail at the first hurdle,,,or is it. Some may say so long as the grey is sound in conformation and shows decent preydrive and speed then that is enough to warrant its use.

imo there is not enough emphasis on the grey side of lurcher breeding, i think in the past many are guilty of not being fussy enough. This imo maybe the differance between good dogs,, and special ones.

As for the pit blood,,, if it is pure pit (which i doubt) or has a heavy influence of full pit blood then you will not find anything in the uk to sicken it,, its not in there dna to jack,,large staffs on the other hand well thats a different story.

That last paragraph is 100% pure bullshit....

• Like 1

That last paragraph is 100% pure bullshit....

Yeah sure it is pal,, i am talking full pit blood,,, not the fat staffy bully type off the street corner,,, fully pit or mostly pit would only jack on one thing here in uk an thats if you used and abused the dog, overworked and or unconditioned it all plays a part to contribute to jacking things forgotten.

You see alot of bull blooded lurchers that are imo overkill for the uk unless youre after ,,them,,cough cough in which case why the feck would you want greyhound in the mix, your just diluting the attributes needed to excel at that game.

I am sure all the bull x boys know all about there bull blood lines in there lurchers......not.