Ferret Box Help

Anyone know how I can make the clips on this sort of box more secure? Paranoid it will come open, cheers

i use the same when i make them with no complaints but usually i put the ring over the top catch then kneel on the door and screw the clasp downwards :thumbs: hope this helps

Tape up the bar that catches, making a tighter fit. Once its tight you`d be hard pressed to open them by accident. Plus you have two on, you`d be really unlucky to open both and not know about it. Ive a double box here with one catch per door and Ive never caught and opened them.

• Like 2

That's not the exact same one as mine bobcullen, just one off google images to show the locks that mine has. Mines a double box with two doors unfortunately. Will try the tape though, cheers :)

Bit of tape mate and you`ll be away. Like I say, Ive never had one open and I do have one with a slight rattle. I dont think you can get any better catches, trick is in putting them on tight.

• Like 2

If positioned correct they should not spring open, unless they are cheap Chinese made.

I would look at the quality and try to get a little more strain on them. Perhaps reinforce the top catch where you are running the screws through the laminate of the ply.

Tidy looking box :thumbs: