Out last night with FJager

Went over to FJager's place yesterday afternoon for a spot of shooting. My lurcher bitch is still on her pups so I couldn't take her with me so it was to a jaunt out with the rifle. We headed out mid afternoon in the Disco and we saw a few bits and pieces about. FJager thought he might know where some wild goats were, so we went off road for a little while. Took the Disco up a steep bluff and as guaranteed, the goats where there. We didn't shoot any as the land owner wants them bred up as they keep the lantana down. The trouble is though, the dingos are killing all the kids

post-32-1192953904_thumb.jpg

We had a few shots and my nephew Tyson proved his worth many times over. He has a real keen eye for game and he would put many an adult on here to shame with his knowledge and technique.

post-32-1192954089_thumb.jpg

We ended the afternoon with a decent haul for an hour.

post-32-1192960820_thumb.jpg

We then went out in the evening in the Land Crusier to see if we could get somemore for the pot. We saw a few bits and pieces about, including wallabies and possums and some kangaroo rats

post-32-1192961274_thumb.jpg

At the end of the day we are doing a pest control round for the local farmers and supplying ourselves with good grub in the process. We'd have liked to have dogged them, but we were out of appropriate dogs until my bitch is ready to go again. Got home today and there's a hare in the oven as we speak :thumbs:

post-32-1192961127_thumb.jpg

Cracking pal :thumbs: ..........whats with going lamping in a camo jacket and pink skirt? :kiss:

You got yourself kitted up with a rifle pal?...........is gun ownership more accepted out there?

All in all you are looking tanned and fit.........b*****d!! :laugh:

Lantana? Is this some sort of Aussie plant/scrub that the wild goats are keeping down?

If the dingoes are taking the goat kids,can't you go and take a few dingoes?I don't expect you can eat a dingo,but another dingo might,then it would leave the kids for a while perhaps?

Geoff....that's easier said than done. We shoot the dingo's on sight, but there's always more to take their place.

Lantana is blamed on the poms but I've never seen it in England....it's like a weird variety of Elder

Hi Stabs,thanks for the quick reply. You will appreciate I know nothing about hunting in Australia,other than that seen in "Crocodile Dundee"!

You probably have a vast area to shoot over,and I have read that dingoes are a menace in some area's. If you shoot on sight,then you can do no more really. (Bet one of them goats would be tasty though).

• 1 month later...