CREATION VS EVOLUTION??????????

Guest SPIFF

What a lightwieght question !!!

In my opinion the answer is unquestionably evolution.

An entity that created the Earth in 7 days, created Man and Woman in his own image, Noahs Ark, His Son who died and rose from the dead.........

I come from an Irish Catholic family, i had to go to church at weekends but i was also lucky enough to have a moderatly good education so i do know both sides of the arguement.

If you go to the Tower of London and look at the suits of armour, or visit any building over 200 years old you will notice that people were smaller. This is recent evolution.

If you look at Gallapogos Tortoises you will see the difference between the Tortoises of the upper and lower islands due to their food availability, again recent evolution...

It is a constant thing, survival of the fittest.

Religion and Faith do have a part to play but they do seem to create as many problems as they solve.

Incidentaly, Evolution is a two-way street, and sometimes things do go in reverse....

Dont believe me ?

Take a trip to Basildon on a Saturday night !!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pip

Honestly, I don't mean to denigrate your work on the river project, but really, micro - schmicro, the time frames are so small, so infinitesimal, the findings so regional, nay, parochial and, again, please excuse me, so amateurish that they do not warrant inclusion in a reasoned debate over such a huge matter.

Have a look back over your previous posts. You'll see that you twinned some of the worst perpetrators of genocide with the theory of evolution in a weak attempt to degrade it. You make out that evolutionists, for want of a better description, are some kind of conspiratorial bullyboys who want to erase the theory of creationism from human consciousness.

Nobody, especially me, is denying you the right to believe in what you want. My issue is with your methodology, which is dishonest and cynically emotive.

Accept that the weight of evidence and opinion goes against your belief, get over it and get on with being a minority.

Again Macnas i don t mean to offend you by saying things like Hitler believed in evolution and his "work"was based on Darwins theory.

I will surely accept chance,mutational,evolutionary process when you give credible evidence for such rather than just boasting about such evidence.

You will surely have also noticed that most of my quotes against such process are from atheist scientists.

Dishonest??????????Prove it. :hmm:

Seeing that this is a hunting forum we also have to take note that evolution is the belief of the anti as it makes us as just another animal,if its ok to kill an animal well then why not kill a human,after all we re all family.Where as creationism requires a creator who has put humans above, in control of and superior to the beasts.

What a lightwieght question !!!

In my opinion the answer is unquestionably evolution.

An entity that created the Earth in 7 days, created Man and Woman in his own image, Noahs Ark, His Son who died and rose from the dead.........

I come from an Irish Catholic family, i had to go to church at weekends but i was also lucky enough to have a moderatly good education so i do know both sides of the arguement.

If you go to the Tower of London and look at the suits of armour, or visit any building over 200 years old you will notice that people were smaller. This is recent evolution.

If you look at Gallapogos Tortoises you will see the difference between the Tortoises of the upper and lower islands due to their food availability, again recent evolution...

It is a constant thing, survival of the fittest.

Religion and Faith do have a part to play but they do seem to create as many problems as they solve.

Incidentaly, Evolution is a two-way street, and sometimes things do go in reverse....

Dont believe me ?

Take a trip to Basildon on a Saturday night !!

or mansfield..the women are harder than the men :D

Pip

I don't have reason to "boast" about anything, just because you don't like the weight of evidence doesn't mean you have to throw your toys out of your pram about it.

As for the scientists being atheists, I have no idea or interest in how they feel about God, that's their own affair and none of mine. It might be yours, but that's all in your own head. The fact that they mention inadequacies and possibilities in their field of work is testament to thoroughness and an inclusive mindset. The difference is that you have an agenda, they just have work to do.

As for evolution being the belief of the anti, that's nothing but more strawman waffle.

Once upon a time I believed in Creation. Then I moved over towards Evolution. Then I moved back to Creation. I used to read books and articles on the subject - most of it was way over my head. One argument sounded good, but the oposition had a better response - however that was countered by a better argument, and so it went on.

I suspect most folk believe in either Creation or Evolution, not because they've sat down and considered the 'evidences', but rather for a number of other reasons. If there's no Creation, there's no God, no sin, no accountability, I can live as I like, say what I like, do what I like, my conscience is at ease and I can enjoy myself. If however, I allow that there may be a Creator, then that opens the door for accountability, and somewhat restricts my thoughts and attitudes.

I've been present when my children were born..... I've stood quietly by the open coffin (that's a thought provoking tester!)..... I've stood on a headland on the rugged west coast of Ireland and considered the vastness of the ocean and watched the sun set..... you know the experieces as well as I do. I'm absolutely convinced there's a Creator, and one day I'll have to give account.

I don't have all the answers, in fact, the more I learn,the more I realise I don't know very much at all. This life is too short for me to find all the answers. One thing is certain - I'm only living once...... there's no replay....... whatever my decision is, it will need to be right. The consequences are too great!

With all due respect of course to my good hunting friends,

Zek.

just thought i would add two more points to the discussion.

If you trully believe in God, you would NEVER sin. You would be a monk, dedicating your life to God to ensure your passage to heaven. As most self-acclaimed christians sin and don't repent etc...i am assuming belief in the afterlife is just a security blanket.

secondly why do you keep insisting that children are not taught about creationism in schools?? I got taught evolution and fact in science classes, and about religion in R.E. You are insufferably bias demanding creationism be taught in its place, or next to it as fact. Why merely that one religion? Why not cover islamic beliefs, Jewish, Hindu, Native indians, African tribes etc etc it could go on for hundreds. Everyone is taught both, everyone makes their opinion. Science gave its substancial evidence for its theory, and teaches its own flaws as this fundamental in expanding knowledge. Religion preaches fear of hell, and blind faith in a book. Fact.

just thought i would add two more points to the discussion.

If you trully believe in God, you would NEVER sin.

Wrong, I try not to sin, and the longer I live, the more I realise I'm a failure. Read John's 1st Epistle especially ch 1.

You would be a monk, dedicating your life to God to ensure your passage to heaven.

I didn't realise becoming a monk was a requirement! The thief on the cross next to Christ wouldn't have stood a chance in that case. You're speaking about Religion, not the Gospel - Religion is man's attempts to reach God, the Gospel is God reaching down to man.

As most self-acclaimed christians sin and don't repent etc...i am assuming belief in the afterlife is just a security blanket.

secondly why do you keep insisting that children are not taught about creationism in schools?? I got taught evolution and fact in science classes, and about religion in R.E. You are insufferably bias demanding creationism be taught in its place, or next to it as fact. Why merely that one religion? Why not cover islamic beliefs, Jewish, Hindu, Native indians, African tribes etc etc it could go on for hundreds. Everyone is taught both, everyone makes their opinion. Science gave its substancial evidence for its theory, and teaches its own flaws as this fundamental in expanding knowledge. Religion preaches fear of hell, and blind faith in a book. Fact.

Evolution is a religion/belief system too. Nothing more, nothing less. It requires alot of "blind faith".

Next time you're out lamping, take a moment, switch off the lamp and consider the stars above your head (maybe not the best night for lamping), and ask yourself about the existence of God. Next time you've the unfortunate experience of standing for a few moments by an open coffin, ask yourself about the existence of God, and eternity etc.

The husband of a woman who worked with me, made all the same comments that you've made, and many more that are unprintable. He's just been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and I called to see him last weekend - guess what, he's talking about "making his peace with God". Evolution it seems is fine to live with, but not much good when it comes to death.

Again with all due respect, :)

Zek.

If I trully believed in Evolution...... then there's no God.... no such thing as sin....... no accountability, reward or punishment..... my motto must be "survival of the fittest"

I think I'd start by robbing old pensioners (they're an easy target). If they get in the way, I'll bump them off. My conscience is only an minor obstacle - with a little practice it'll cease to trouble me.

If you really believe in Evolution, and you're not robbing pensioners on a regular basis, then you're really missing out - remember when you die, that's it over, you cease to exist - it's only what you achieve in this life that matters, so you might as well make the most of it!

Zek.

Not fancying thy nieghbours fillie is fine and dandy but neverthless a bit of a superflous chant if you fancy the alter boy.

We're talking here about hypocrysy (I'm not even sure how to spell it)?

The world's full of it. The 'religions' of the world are full of it. Mankind in general is full of it. And often (shame upon me) I don't have to look far beyond my own heart to find it.

Mind you, (I work in a shop) they'll only be making dud bank notes as long as there's still real one's in circulation.

Have you ever met a real Christian. I have. They're scarce but they still exist. I'm talking about the sort that come alongside and help when you're in a spot of trouble. They'll go to any length, they'll put themselves out cost what it may, they'll open their home for you, they'll feed you and clothe you if that's what you're needing. They're often simple folk, genuine and sincere. They don't wear white dog collars, and haven't been to a bible college, and I doubt if they'll ever get any recognition in this world for their kindnesses and charity....... but then that's not what they're after. They're the salt of the earth. :yes:

Zek.