CREATION VS EVOLUTION??????????

Guest SPIFF

Pip

Ive nothing new to offer you, you don't accept the current evidence so save your ultimatums for someone gullible enough to care.

Surely it won't take you 4 days to answer a few questions?

Glad i checked this before i go Macnas,I know you have nothing knew to offer ,seeing as im the only one making any attempt at showing scientific findings,you boast that there is a wieght of evidence and then REFUSE to participate in presenting any,why should i continue to answer your questions?Obviousely your happy enough to believe through faith in evolution and im happy enough to let you :thumbs: With regards to the questions about Christianity there is another thread on here about them things,my reason for this was hopefully to find out from people why they believe "scientifically"where we came from and not just by blind faith.While i of course believe that because of the lack of scientific evidence to prove macro evolutionary process you will need faith to believe in both CREATION and EVOLUTION. :thumbs:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pip

The initial "origin of species", as written by Darwin is a well-reasoned and non-discriminatory text. It still stands today as an example of deductive reasoning. But you hate it because it doesn't fit with your views.

Radiocarbon dating is a proven method of determining age, but you don't believe in it. It's used everywhere, it's accepted as being, currently, the most accurate way of telling how old ancient objects are. The concept is pretty simple, I'll explain it for you if you want, even a layman like me can understand it.

But because it shows that the world and things in it are much older than literal biblical interpretation dictates, you think it false.

You don't accept fossil evidence, genetical/DNA similarities, and have stated that geology and archaeology are a farce.

In other words, you've pissed on the evidence that currently stands, because it doesn't suit you.

Your "attempts" at presenting scientific evidence is a bunch of out of context quotes and junk science. Added to the mix is a cack handed attempt at down-home simple faith mumblings.

And now you refuse to answer a few straightforward questions, which I posed deliberately to suit you. And I'm not being condescending, just as I cannot answer as a scientist, I don't expect you to either, I don't even expect you to have a go at being a theologian.

Just have a go at answering them, they are harmless enough, somewhat leading perhaps but that's no reason to sulk about it. Your faith should stand to you.

As you are not satisfied with any, it seems, of the established data that evolutionists have accepted, then perhaps you can hold your breath for a while longer. And good luck with that by the way.

With regard to the "creator of the creator" question, instead of huffing and puffing, why don't you give us your actual thoughts, should you have any??

And while you're thinking on that, answer me a few more if you would, in as direct a manner as you can:

Do you think evolution theory is the work of the devil?

Do you think the bible is correct in everything it states? ( and I mean everything).

Why does it disturb you that life could have been created from nothing more than happy chance?

Hebrews, more than anyone, have claim to the new testament, (they wrote it after all), so why is it that they don't see evolution as being incompatible with belief and faith?

Do you think that evolution could actually be how God decided to create the world we know? If not, why not?

I'm not taking any chances so I shan't be holding my breath either.

While waiting on my lift heres what i believe in brief;

1.Creator of the creator?God existed before and outside of time,space and matter,he was never effected by them and still is not effected by them yet he created them and holds all things together by his powerful word[what physisists call cosmic glue],"In the beginning God"Gen1v1

He is however concerned about them and loves YOU .John 3v16For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

2.No i don t believe evolution is the work of the devil it is mans attempt to explain our existence without God.Effects of our sinful nature.

3.YES.100%.The bible has stood the test of time and science,anyone who claims the supposed discrepencies in the bible has not studied it.

4.Happy Chance?Created nothing.The 1st and 2nd LAWS of thermodynamics proves this.

5.Hebrews wrote it ?The new testament was written for the most part by jewish converts to Christianity,ex Jews,not Hebrews.It was written in Greek.If Christians swing in belief with the everchanging face of science then the Bible becomes a non entity as far as faith law and history and prophecy is concerned.

6.No God did not create the world through evolutionary process[theistic evolution].Why?refer to answer3.Evolutionary process demands that for Adam to exist he would be standing on the bones of millions of dead relatives and animals.The bible says that "Sin entered the world and death by sin".Therefore the bible is clear that Man sinned then death entered.Rules out evolutionary process.

Just to add before this becomes religious,i am not a member of any church niether protestant catholic mormon 7th day adventist etc i am a christian who believes the bible because i have read it studied it and found it to be difficult at times but otherwise the original texts are totally 100% INFALLIBLE.

Edited by pip
Just to add before this becomes religious,i am not a member of any church niether protestant catholic mormon 7th day adventist etc i am a christian who believes the bible because i have read it studied it and found it to be difficult at times but otherwise the original texts are totally 100% INFALLIBLE.

well said,

Zek.

Monkey to Man

A long time ago, our point of view

Was broadcast by mr. bartholomew

Now the world is full of sorrow and pain

It's time for us to speak up again

You're slack and sorry

Such an arrogant brood

The only purpose you serve is to bring us our food

We sit here staring at your pomp and pout

Outside the bars we use for keeping you out

You've taken everything that you wanted

Broke it up and plundered it and hunted

Ever since we said it

You went and took the credit

It's been headed this way since the world began

When a vicious creature took the jump from monkey to man

Every time that man struggles and fails

He makes up some kind of fairytales

After all of the misery that he has caused

He denies he's descended from the dinosaurs

Points up to heaven with cathedral spires

All the time indulging in his base desires

Ever since we said it

He went and took the credit

Big and useless as he has become

With his crying statues and his flying bomb

Goes 'round acting like the chosen one

Excuse us if we treat him like our idiot cousin

He hangs up flowers and bells and rhymes

Hoping to hell that someone's forgiven his crimes

Fills the air with his pride and his praise

He's big disgrace to our beastly ways

In the fashionable nightclubs and finer precincts

Man uses words to dress up his vile instincts

Ever since we said it

He went and took the credit

(Elvis Costello)

;)

Edited by smallmouth

i have followed this thread(but i'm not after the £1000 prize),i simply believe that no one can prove both sides of the debate,i have my opinions but they would take too long to type out on here,may i suggest

we look for proof of evolution in nature around us,after all we are descended from stars which are our ancestors,let's just enjoy what we have now,scientists are human and they have no extra qualities more than

common people have,life in creation whether on an evolution curve or not,is an amazing and stupendous

fact that no one can deny,simply the fact that we are here now(and i can see many people will never understand the signifance of this),the fact is our existence has been granted and we are able to 'observe 'the world' in it's myriad forms is surely an expression of it's creator or an evolving process

possibly by it's creator,but the question will always stand,who created everything,

Higgins.

??????????????????????????????????? :blink::blink: :blink:Please don t say you mean red headed people are decended from orangatans

No i did'nt mean that at all, i meant they were related to pelican crossings in Belgium....thought that was obvious. How about them fishes and Loaves?

http://www.sciencebuff.org/ftp_only/enigma3.pdf

"Thier getting warmer"....

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:l0rel...;cd=1&gl=uk

The strange thing about cut and pasting links is its too easy,you can t be sure of the writer age and accuracy of those links,one reason why i don t do it,the other i can t :icon_redface:

LUCY

Donald Johanson,the discoverer of LUCY,later concluded that "LUCY WAS NOT RELATED TO HUMANS AT ALL"............"IT IS MORE THAN LIKELY THAT LUCY WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A SPECIES OF PYGMY GIMPANZEE"......."LUCY S SKULL WAS SO INCOMPLETE THAT IT WAS ALMOST ENTIRELY MADE OF PLASTER OF PARIS,MOST OF IT WAS IMAGINATION,THUS MAKING IT ALMOST COMPLETELY IMPSSIBLE TO DRAW ANY CONCLUSIONS ABOUT WHAT SPECIES SHE BELONGED TO".........."THE EVIDENCE FOR ALLEGED TRANSFORMATION FROM APE TO MAN IS EXTEMELY UNCONVINCING"

"AND THAT AUSTRALOPITHACINES WHERE NOT CLOSELY SIMILAR TO HUMANS,AND THAT MANY OF THE SPECIMANS FOUND WHERE LIVING AT THE SAME TIME AS THE EARLIEST MEMBERS OF THE GENUS HOMO".aka MODERN MAN.

NEANDERTHAL MAN

DR.FRANCIS IVANHOE ,THE NEANDERTHAL PUZZLE MAY HAVE BEEN SOLVED ,HE MAY HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF HIS OWN DECISION TO MOVE TOO FAR NORTH AT THE ONSET OF THE GLAZIAL AGE .IN DOING SO HE LOST SUFICIENT CONTACT WITH ULTRA VIOLET RAYS AND CONTRACTED RICKETS ,VIT D DEFICIENCY DISEASE .

ACCORDING TO B. ARENSBERG THE FOSSIL HYOID [THROAT]BONE WAS FOUND IN KEBRA CAVE ...........NEANDERTHALS SEEM TO BE AS PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF SPEECH AS MODERN HUMANS........ANALYSIS OF NEANDERTHAL MAN DNA HAS FAILED TO DEMONSTRATE ANY SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE FROM DNA OF MODEN HUMANS ........TODAY MOST SCIENTISTS AGREE THAT IN THE ABSENSE OF DISEASE ,ITS FEATURES ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN MODERN HUMANS.journal Nature.

:hmm: