Peoples Thoughts On A Litter And The X Please

Most of the time the bitch will control the size of pups to birth them it's once their born the size will come on.

thanks mate learn something new everyday something I wouldn't do with my own we bitch atb

I know of an accidental mating between a 12" terrier and a 25" collie x, and the terrier whelped 5 pups without any problems

When you mate two dogs their chromosomes link, dog and bitch have an equal number of pairs, chromosomes contain all the genetic info that will dictate how the pups turn out, it happens at the very start, if the bitch is small her DNA will dictate small pups, if the dog is big his DNA will dictate big pups (more so if both come from a long line of big/small dogs) to avoid problems mother nature seems to make a compromise somehow, i don't think anyone really knows how it works even the scientists?, like Fireman said in his post, the bitches system seems to control the size of the pups until they are born, then they grow, sometimes into much bigger dogs than the bitch, iv'e known of and heard from reliable people of matings where the dog has been over twice the size/weight of the bitch and absolutely no problems, that said the one thing that can and does throw a spanner in the works is head size, what you don't want to do is put a large headed breed dog over a light/narrow framed bitch eg staffy dog over bitch whippet, the smart thing if you want to do this type of mating is whippet dog over staffy bitch, you'll still get the same result because you'll still have the same balance of whippet/staffy genes. Some people think the bitch has more "influence on the outcome but its not provable scientifically, what is provable is a 50/50 input of genes or its no pups, just to clarify, matings one way round or the other does tend to have certain different results, but its still not proven or very scientific, just lads with lots of experience noticing and agreeing on the traits.

Before i get "ive got a staffy x whippet from a whippet bitch" yes there's allways exeptions to the rule, it don't make it a good idea.

• Like 3

Well the pups are born they are all fine and healthy and all the same none out stand the others on size I thought it would bring the size and weight down and more racey type dogs but still has the strength to do a fox before the ban what you guys think to that

Sire hasn't a lot of bull I think it was a collie grey x bull grey that made the sure to the pups so shouldn't be looking at huge heads on the pups I thought you wouldn't really see it as there was not a lot of bull in the sire I have purchased one of these pups sire and dam are doing there job both sire and dam are 5 years + what you guys think I will upload a picture the lady said she would send one a week and anything you would like to ad or say about what Iv wrote please do as we all never stop learning

• Like 1