Practice, practice , practice. and when you think you have master,d it practice some more .

its not a dig mate , the more you practice the better you will get .

i don't own a brocock but to answer your question 177 is a tad easier but the wind will affect it more than 22.

but then again as iv said be fore you will have to practice with the 177 to

atvbmac :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I'm like Mac and don't own a Brocock but do shoot both .22 and .177 and find that I have different preferences for each one.

I like to use my .177 for night time sessions when lamping and during the day if I'm likely to be doing any long range shooting.

Mind you if I'm Ratting or the NightVision is out the .22 is always put into service as it's got such a knock down ability, and when your on the Rats that is a big must.

(For me anyway their tough little b*****ds!)

It's been said many times before, but you really have to learn your Rifle and also your own shooting abilities before going out to have a go at quarry.

.177 will give you a flatter trajectory and allows you more margin of error when judging distance to targets, although its not very difficult to learn your .22 trajectory curve if your prepared to put your time in.

If you think .22 is loopy you should try .25, some of the lads on here use it to deviating effect! :icon_eek:

Still if you want to give .177 a try look for a cheap second hand rifle on Gunstar, at least that way you haven't wasted to much money if you decide you don't like it.

I personally would look at something reasonable like a Air Arms S200, you can pick up a tidy one for under £300.

I've also just found this on Gunstar that might be more to your liking, a Brocock Super-6 in .177.

They only want £290.

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/brocock-super-6-concept-multishot-177-air-rifles-for-sale-in/Air-Guns/690243

• Like 1

If your finding it difficult to judge distances to the target a useful method for range finding is one thats described in this very useful and interesting link I've attached below.

http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/tips/long-range-shooting/distance-of-long-range-shots/

Basically you would cut out some life sized targets of your average quarry. (Rabbits for instance)

With these targets you would then place them at every 5 or 10 Meters along with a Marker that had the distance written on it out to a max distance of say 50 Meters from your shooting position.

You would then on a useful magnification like x 10 bracket the targets with your Scopes Cross Hairs and note the difference in sizes from one target to the other.

Have a look and see what you think.