Daystae Regal

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for that skot ,you twat   Yes I had one ,a very nice looking gun ,easy to shoulder , very pointable gun , light if you like light guns and that's all the good points out of the way. Now fo

They look nice.. but thats about it from what i have read.. ask Villaman .. hes gaytates number one fan   :laugh:

Carlo, don't forget some firms give dealers incentives as well, Daystate are riding on a reputation. Most of their stuff is for export, mainly the US. Funny but I have not found one bad comment anywhe

Thanks for that skot ,you twat :tongue2::laugh:

Yes I had one ,a very nice looking gun ,easy to shoulder , very pointable gun , light if you like light guns and that's all the good points out of the way.

Now for the bad points ,they come way under powered , most shoot like a shot gun past about 40 yards , coating comes of the shroud easy , had to put some black tape round the filler cap to stop it from marking the shroud , mags are not that good , stock has a very high shine to it ,got to be careful it doesn't chip , be careful a pellet doesn't go in to the hammer when shooting in to trees,happened to me and got told its my fault for shooting upwards , can you believe that!! and the coating came of the trigger guard after about 1000 pellets

You will need to buy a mod for and probably another mag as well , so you are looking at another £105 on top of the gun price .

Mine went back three times to daystate and on the forth time I asked for my money back and got another HW100kt.177 to match my .22 , far better than the regal and comes with a silencer , mag and the best cocking system .

Its a shame ,like I said a lovely looking gun ,its like having a fit bird who dose not take it in the arse :laugh:

Edited by villaman
  • Like 4

haha class think am gonna give one a go like good advice theo villaman i will let you no how i get on i've heard a few bad points and good.

Seamaster on this forum has had three of them and he has had nothing but problems !!!

Send him a PM

• Like 1

Great looking and very pointable but the chances of getting one that doesn't need fettling are slim to none.

I got my second from the AGC and had to return it. They swapped it no problem but it was still shite. Don't take any notice of their 'Test Certificate' , it has no bearing on the gun's actual performance. My third one was ok but under powered and, with help from some people on the 'net, I upped the power to around 11fpe. They are loud compared to most other PCPs too.

I flogged it last week and bought a full length HW100 to go with my carbine. Honestly mate the HW is a far better gun. Three Regals and two Huntsmans and only one was worth a wank.

Chris

• Like 2

Mines on trial. It went back for the stiff bolt syndrome after thirty shots. My boys went back for the same after about five hundred. The Daystate "silencer" is not worth a w..k. Replaced it with a Swift Stumpy and it is very quiet.

Latest problem is it has become pellet fussy, it only cycles JSB's and nothing else. Any other make and its hangups and double loads.

Since "fixing" the problem the rifles actions sounds like a twin tub washing machine.

As I said, its on trial. It is a nice rifle, good to shoot and accurate out 60 yards even with my old eyes. I can just manage an egg on a fencepost at that distance.

Funny though, it comes on jobs with me, but it sits in the truck. I use my S410.

So, it goes if there is one more problem. For that kind of money buy an AA S510, Ultimate sporter or an S410 and bling it with Rowan stick ons.

Or be unpatriotic and buy a German thing, then grow biceps like a lesbian shot putter because its so heavy :rtfm:

• Like 1

I am in two minds every gun shop av rang and I have rang a good few they all tell me to buy the daysate regal they have all said it's a better gun than the hw100 totally in two minds as av took note of all your comments as well lads. not one shop I have rang told me to get the hw100 and I have said all the problems with the daystate but they still said get the regal all theo the hw100 is a very good gun?