Ruptured Archilles Tendon

Anyone ever done this? What was the recovery time like? Done mine last night playing football. Leg in plaster and the hunting season starting in a couple weeks. Going to be a nightmare with 4 dogs needing out.

Anyone ever done this? What was the recovery time like? Done mine last night playing football. Leg in plaster and the hunting season starting in a couple weeks. Going to be a nightmare with 4 dogs needing out.

ask haymin he is still recovering

b*****d f**k sake , 4 weeks in the first plaster 2 weeks in the other one at your foot at a different angle then another two weeks with your foot in a neutral position, then after that you have a plastic moon boot for 3 weeks it will led you up to 11/12 weeks then physio after that , iv had my boot of for over a week now doing exercises atb With it pish though ???

I'm self employed as well , just finished doing a drive swept the sand inn gave it a whak , cleared everything up , job done , had memorial game of football for a friend , was on the park 10 mins nightmare , as soon as I got my plastic boot on I was back to work next day driving as well 9 weeks for me , think its illegal to drive unless its an automatic , keep a trainer with you in the van if you see the blue light whip off the boot and slip on the trainer lol , I never had to but you never no ?. I Put football boots straight in the bin as well lol

Haha that's exactly what I did. Hadn't played in 4 year. 1st game was 4 weeks ago and pulled my hamstring. Rested for the 4 weeks and that was me back on Wednesday. 20 minutes in and then I heard the snap while running. Thought someone had kicked my foot away from me from behind. Boots went straight in the bin aswell (outside bin to just to be certain lol) o want sore until last night when I could hardly sleep.for the pain in my heel. Got the choice to have the operation to repair it or let it heal naturally but just decided to let it heal itself. Had just started fittening the dogs up for the season aswell! ???

The operation mentioned there would be a scar on my heel and with wearing boots everyday at work and walking the doctors thought it might irritate the scar. If it goes again I'll get the op (hopefully it doesnt)

Can't see how a tendon can heal if its snapped or detached then not sewn back together ?

A complete rupture will often recoil back up into the calf muscle so no way of re-attaching without surgery.....only a partial rupture/tear has a chance of re-attaching without surgery...............never done either myself.

I think I was lucky where the rupture was at the top of the ligament. If it was lower there would be less blood flow to heal it better. So I was told anyway.my new sport hobbies will be darts or snooker lol

Edited by obi2