Teckels

sambo123

Ive heard good things and bad about the breed im going to giv them ago this year got my name down on two pups a dog and a bitch there ready in 5 weeks

I know West Yorkshire well if that's truly where you are from, or going to work them, and they would probably do better there than where I am, I can't criticise, the dogs ability nose wise, or even courage and I think if I had tried mine would have gone to ground, but in the field when working with other dogs they don't keep pace, they truly are methodical hunters that miss nothing scent wise, and to hear them sound off in a wood, they are like hounds, I think for our terrain a cross with something a bit longer in the leg would make a world of difference, however for tracking deer they are perfect little companions, they will sit under a high seat in horrendous cold, and when they follow up no lead required they are easy to track along side,
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks darren I think the only thing would hamper them around my area would be dry stone walls which we have a lot of around yorkshire but I would mainly be hunting mink with mine on the river banks.i think the ones im getting off colin are bit longer in the leg than most I have seen thanks mackie

Thanks darren I think the only thing would hamper them around my area would be dry stone walls which we have a lot of around yorkshire but I would mainly be hunting mink with mine on the river banks.i think the ones im getting off colin are bit longer in the leg than most I have seen thanks mackie

That will help without doubt, mine is too short really,there's plenty of pass through points on your walls, you should be fine,they will climb a bit when needed,I havn't seen one do it, but I bet they will mark stuff in a wall well,my dog suffers with heather and very long grass, she gets through at a snail pace,and I hate having to carry dogs,