Thoughts fellas in the R10 Mk2?

I'm having a look at one of these next weekend, found one with a left handed stock and generally looks epically kept. I've done the usual research and they seem to be very good. So, real life duties as a field rifle? Is it worth the 650? Opting for the .177 version.

It'll be replacing my SE.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still got problems with the regs ,that's why they get sent of to XTX Air to have a better reg put into them . I had one for about 4 months but found it not to be a very pointable gun ,great of the bi

The KT is a pointable little gun for sure but you can't compare that against the R-10 as it's oal is somewhat different. The full length sporter not quite so pointable but a much better shot count. Ye

I recently purchased my R10 Supercarbine and it has been thus far faultless accurate and a world better than the Springer I had borrowed previously. http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg206/white90

I am now on my 3rd R-10 MK2. Foolishly I sold the other two chasing the ultimate rifle but it was costing me thousands. If I could find an adjustable stock for this one I would shoot it in the nationals (HFT) it really is that accurate. The most accurate air rifle I have ever owned. Yes, some have their problems; call me lucky in the fact I have never had an issue with any of them. Warranty gives you two years and then you can send it to the fettlers if it lets you down. Until that happens I'll leave it as it is.

I'm toying with the idea of px'ing two of mine. The reason I think the cost is such is that it's a lefty... Which is dead rare, it's the first one I've come across since wanting one. It's a shame they don't produce left hand versions?! Bloody manufacturers need to be shot in relation to this. Anyway. I'll be looking into it. Looks the bomb, I'm a bit worried about it getting wet, mukey etc, but can't keep it wrapped in cotton wool.

Still got problems with the regs ,that's why they get sent of to XTX Air to have a better reg put into them .

I had one for about 4 months but found it not to be a very pointable gun ,great of the bi pod.

Sold it to a mate and he only kept it for a few months ,he found it to be the same as me ,so he sold it and got a HW100kt and never looked back

• Like 1

Kin 100's. There everywhere, and to be honest, all I see is 100's on pods... Maybe there not as pointable either. The most pointable rifle I have myself is the 97kt. Which is a shame as it is rather weighty as we know. Anyway...

The reg things interesting. It's either this or a mk1 rapid I'm currently interested in. No doubt I should go for the rapid.

The Huma regs Darrin does are better than most regulators according to the output figures getting reported. If you have trouble with your r-10 and it's new then give it back to BSA. If pre-owned get a reg from Darrin and fit it yourself. He will tell you to leave the rifle as it is if it's performing well. 100's are superb without doubt and have the best magazine system I have ever used.

Never had a problem with my r10 shot superb ,but the balance for me was not good and that's what my mate said as well.

I just find Hwkt is so pointable like most HW guns.

Have a look on the bsaog forum under r10 and see what problems people are having with them

The KT is a pointable little gun for sure but you can't compare that against the R-10 as it's oal is somewhat different. The full length sporter not quite so pointable but a much better shot count. Yes, lot's of history surrounding the R-10's but if you go looking for tales of woe you will find them somewhere. If it was only negative reports that influenced our buying decisions we wouldn't have airguns in our cupboards.

• Like 1

The KT is a pointable little gun for sure but you can't compare that against the R-10 as it's oal is somewhat different. The full length sporter not quite so pointable but a much better shot count. Yes, lot's of history surrounding the R-10's but if you go looking for tales of woe you will find them somewhere. If it was only negative reports that influenced our buying decisions we wouldn't have airguns in our cupboards.

Its a well known fact the r10 has had more than its fair share of problems ,why did they have the mk1 then the mk11 then mk11 with the upgraded reg and still cant get it right

Gonna get a rapid anyway.

Ha. I don't flammin know... I need to consolidate my 4 to 2. Field rifle, and a target/hft jobby. The 98 has to be my target rifle, no question the way we got on against the knock downs. The field rifle is the issue. I really would like a pcp for some reason, but feel I get more enjoyment from a rifle that would give feedback, accuracy not being a concern as it's a given. So, I am toying with an evo in 177 I've clocked too... The gas ram could be a the question, but then it's to close to a springer but with a different feedback. It's all up in the air at the moment.

Theoben Evolution 177

R10 mk2 177

Rapid mk1 22

To answer your question it's because the first derivatives were a bag of shit. QC even worse but you hope that the manufacturer listens to the feedback and does something about it. We all know they had a big issue getting it right and they may still not have done yet. I can only go on what I have experienced and the three I have had have been perfect. For that sort of money I don't expect anything but ok engineering so I don't set my expectations that high. All manufacturers have quality issues even the high cost offerings but if it can be put right then we might accept things can go wrong. Personally I like to get behind British manufacturing and hopefully some of the new BSA rifles may prove more successful than the R-10.

I'm getting another R10 in .22 as to me, they're just awesome!

You could have a look at the Carbine version BSA have out now but I think I'll stick with full length. With so many quality tuners our there like XTX, Rancid Tom, Bowkett, A&M etc. if there are ever any problems, there are talented guys to sort them.