Zastava .22-250 Rifle

As Danw says dont touch a t8 they are crap, PES/MAE is my choice, but the wildcats are good mods too, Seeker has one on his .223 and 6.5x55, clean the barrel every 50-100 rounds or so mate, should be about right, some like to clean every time they shoot, but I think you can do more harm than good by over enthusiastic cleaning.

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It certainly is as Danw says, it will rot out your crown, threads, and first bit of your barrel, that is why the crappy t8 moderators rot from the inside.

After you fire a cf round there is the potential for condensation to form this sits around the crown and last few inches of the barrel if you don't remove the mod it sits there and rusts pretty soon y

Thanks for the info coypo hunter appreciate it. Sounds like a decent rifle then.   Atb Dan

Yeh that mustve been about 5-6 yrs ago, few of the guys there are alright in all fairness so I normally stop in there on the way to the outdoor range down the road,he seemed to be a new lad but I guess you know what its like some people have poor communications skill and I think that's why another in my general area is avoided for that sole reason...keens!

Yeh that mustve been about 5-6 yrs ago, few of the guys there are alright in all fairness so I normally stop in there on the way to the outdoor range down the road,he seemed to be a new lad but I guess you know what its like some people have poor communications skill and I think that's why another in my general area is avoided for that sole reason...keens!

To be honest I bet it was nearer 12 years since I last was in there got a cracking deal swapped a .243 remmy for a miroku

• Like 1

Hi guys

Been having a read through this post and noticed CC mentioned, " take your moderator off after every time you use the rifle, cf is not like rf where you can leave it on, do it on a cf, and you will kill the crown and threads." Apologise if I'm coming over a bit stupid and I will probably feel like that when you tell me why but, I have just had a variation granted for .22-250 and I'm doing a hell of a lot of reading. Could you tell me the reason behind having to take the moderator off. What causes the the damage? Thanks

Shrop Dan, Sorry for jumping in on your post.

got to admit i wouldve been none the wiser if my mate hadnt of advised me, dont know if its anything to do with just get into the habit of removing it and cleaing it frequently as possible otherwise the problem could be that much worse than on a rimfire.

After you fire a cf round there is the potential for condensation to form this sits around the crown and last few inches of the barrel if you don't remove the mod it sits there and rusts pretty soon you can't remove the mod and the last couple of inches of rifling and the crown will be completely ruined

• Like 2