Ferret Finder Help Please Mk3

Hi all am looking for a bit of advice as iv not had a mk3 and I put a new battery in and I'm just waiting for the collar batteries to arrive. When I turn it on it makes this noise which after looking on YouTube before I bought it, mine sounds very different.

Here is a video clip of it making the noise, please click on the PIC. To hear it.

th_VIDEO0035_zpsd544009e.jpg

Is this normal when there's no batteries in the collars, or have I been conned into buying a broken locator? It also makes the odd noise when its turned off!

Does it look likehave I been conned into buying a broken locator?

Edited by tomburras

I cant get the video to play, but its prob because my computer is slow as shite.

Is your battery in the locator full? if its low it makes a mad noise.

And it will also get interference indoors from gadgets, take it outdoors away from power lines ect.

its in this video about 3 minutes in, (low battery sound)

• Like 2

I cant get the video to play, but its prob because my computer is slow as shite. Is your battery in the locator full? if its low it makes a mad noise.And it will also get interference indoors from gadgets, take it outdoors away from power lines ect.http://youtu.be/LEN5AOYm9m8its in this video about 3 minutes in, (low battery sound)

Thanks for that! Yes its a similar noise but if put 3 different new batteries in it and its still the same.

When did Deben start making Geiger counters? ^_^ live near a power plant?

Personally, it sounds like there's been a fault with it before you've purchased it. I'm no expert with Ferret Finders but I've had my fair share of radio devices in the past. There'd have to been something done to it for the interference to be so consistent rather than partial.

Where did you buy it?

White

mine makes short bursts of that noise but not often ans as i said just short bursts when the collar is turned on there is no noise except for beeps

it is very possible for it to be picking up stray signals as someone said a mobile phone

try it outside away from things

Edited by niatron

Wait till you get the collars sorted then try it again mine made that noise at first before I turned on the collar(and turned off the phone)then it went into hunt mode and worked fine,never had anymore problems,apart from spending 45 mins trying to locate a lost collar under ground with a pal him with his finder and me with mine both saying they were at our feet except we were 20' apart wasn't until my PAL realised he had left his phone on and it was that that his reciever was picking up!! Twat

• Like 1
  • 9 years later...