fireworks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a swing park at the back of my house that is the place where the fire is every year so a dont no what the terriers will be like .

My old lakeland bitch ran away last year she was shit scared of them got her back next day at the police station they asked what was wrong with

its face told them she dont like cats :whistling:

2 half cross collies hide under tables or in cupboards...one shakes and looks at the ceiling like its about to fall in. Three quarter greyhound collie barks and growls. One terrier bounces in its run, the other totally ignores it. The spaniel doesn't give a damn and the bull cross sits in the yard watching the lights in the sky. Shit its nearly that time again :(

Most of mine are fine: just put up with it, but my old girl who's nearly 13 is terrified of the screamers that end in a loud bang. One year I was having a bath when it all kicked off and she was doing a good job of digging through the bathroom door to get to me for reassurance: she's fine as long as she can sit on my knee!

So I let her into the bathroom and she jumped straight into the bath full of hot water and foaming Radox and sat there while I finished my bath: she was trembling so much that the bath looked like a jacuzzi! And covered in suds and froth: jumped out when I got out, I towelled us both dry then we went downstairs and sat on the sofa: what a pair of plonkers! Me and her. LOL.

the worst time was when she jumped out of the bedroom window during a thunderstorm and ran off through the village looking for me: I was at a mate's. A police car picked her up and a friend got her from the station: I had to hold her for 3 hours before she stopped shaking.

Funny thing is that her pups are all as hard as nails and scared of nothing. The old girl is white, so maybe there is some truth in the saying that white dogs are soft. I wonder........

• 3 weeks later...
My lot are indoors... no problems at all... used to have one which would flip out... but shes gone now, so we have no troubles at all....
mine are all outside i shut em in at night this time of year so they cant get in the runs the 3yr old russell dog sleeps in his run all nite all weathers wont use a box or a bed he fekin hates fireworks had him in last year hates the house aswell :doh:

here we fekin go :wallbash: fekin fireworks :no: lamps charged off for a mooch over the fields :bye:

The terriers hate them, fecking nuisance they are wish they could make them without the bang as theyre nice to watch, but the noise really gets to the dogs, and anything (or anybody) who upsets my dogs tends to upset me too :censored::boxing: I think I will have to go out lamping tonight for the sake of trying to stay sane, last sat I stayed in and had to keep shouting out the window at them to be quiet, and my dogs are never usually noisy :no:

just got mine out of the kennel to feed em and all three arnt bothered about them even the 8 week old pup is running out back chasing the terrier ........and there banging going off allover the place :thumbs: ....get :thumbs: them used to loud noises while there are young .....but i wont buy fireworks for my lad for the reason off other peoples dogs and my young lad fully understands .....hes going to an organised bonfire tommorow night thats a fair way of any houses... :victory:

Edited by snoopdog

Our westie is outside going mental he loves chasing lights and flashes, jrt flat out on settee, german shepard cowering under kitchen table sh##t scared.

They should ban the sale of fireworks, except for proper displays as I sit here the streets are full of :censored: running around throwing the bloody things everywhere. :gunsmilie: the lot!

my dosey old spaniel knocked one over last year and it almost hit me so i gave her a good kicking

its not the heat its the speed and sound the thing makes when it hits the fence next too you

like being in a concorde engine

also did alot off damedge to the fence and would have killed me if id been standing a few feet to the right

Pity the firework didnt hit you in the head..if brains where dynamite you wouldnt have enough to blow your nose.. =@ =@

my dosey old spaniel knocked one over last year and it almost hit me so i gave her a good kicking

its not the heat its the speed and sound the thing makes when it hits the fence next too you

also did alot off damedge to the fence and would have killed me if id been standing a few feet to the right

Pity the firework didnt hit you in the head..if brains where dynamite you wouldnt have enough to blow your nose.. =@ =@

IT SOUNDS LIKE DOWN TOWN BAGHDAD HERE AT THE MOMENT :gunsmilie::gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

Only a complete idiot would be setting off fireworks with dogs running looses in the same area. And then to kick the dog...........???????????Words fail me! :no::thumbdown::thumbdown: