Lamping And Night Shooting Ideas

Hi all, when I'm out lamping which i was for the first time in way too long the other night, I'll generally shoot a bunch of bunnies in a field, and unload my rifle and prop it up on a fence, collect the rabbits up into a pile, hock them, hang them on a fence to collect later. this is, being dark and all, its sometimes hard to see where i put the rifle.

So; i was perusing Halfrauds the other week and saw some retro-reflective tape, i bought some and stuck a couple of strips around my moderator, you could also stick some on the sides and uderside of the forend, this works really well as the tape reflects nice and bright back to you with a pocket sized torch, here's some pics:

14532394664_0655f34590.jpgDSCN1045 by danebrewer12, on Flickr

14553972493_0b1300b6ea.jpgDSCN1048 by danebrewer12, on Flickr

at night, in the countryside all quiet and away from footpaths? its not like im driving home and leaving it in the field, thats a bit nervous IMO

Weighing up risk i think. during the day, next to a footpath? no i dont think so.

Edited by danebrewer10

at night, in the countryside all quiet and away from footpaths? its not like im driving home and leaving it in the field, thats a bit nervous IMO

Weighing up risk i think. during the day, next to a footpath? no i dont think so.

I'm the same prop the gun up or leave on bipod if I have to jump over a fence to pick anything up normally.