Have a couple of hens there for the young lad,he gets a few eggs of them. Why do they get so noisey. The last few days they are getting noisier everyday.Drive ya mental.Is there anyway to quiet them down a bit.

What i have found it's pot luck if you get some quiet one's..some of the hen's i have had make more noise than a cockerel and they have quickly been stuck on a farm..just get a few more and bin the noisy one's or they will drive you up the wall well they do to me.. :D

• Like 1

My silver Sussex makes bit of noise if startled but the ranger and bluebell you wouldn't know I had them,neighbour opposite didn't even know I had hens,lol

I got 3 large fowl hybrids, 2 bantys and trio of serama bantams.and live on middle of a estate,lol

Seramas are shut in at night to stop cockerel crowing at 5 in the morning.

I forgot to shut him in last night ffs,quarter to seven this morning when I was making a coffee,he started whoops lol

there gone thank god, the only thing now is to wait and see if the new ones turn out hens, swapped for 6 that are 7 weeks old.The fella recons there hens. 2 rode island reds,3 light sussex and a buff sussex.The youg lad was delighted pickinh out his new chicks. The quiet now is lovely.I can enjoy my birds singing again.

• Like 1