HELP need to get rid of moles

hi lads never ever tried to catch or kill moles but a farm i go on keeps telling me he wants rid. as you can guess he will not pay a pro. so i was thinking rather than lose the farm i would try myself so how do i go about it and where can i get the kit and what stuff do i need.poison would be better for me. if anyone lived local to me and are into moles and wanted to do it they could but sorry there is no payment. ps please no silly answers all advice will be so helpfull thanks vince

hi lads never ever tried to catch or kill moles but a farm i go on keeps telling me he wants rid. as you can guess he will not pay a pro. so i was thinking rather than lose the farm i would try myself so how do i go about it and where can i get the kit and what stuff do i need.poison would be better for me. if anyone lived local to me and are into moles and wanted to do it they could but sorry there is no payment. ps please no silly answers all advice will be so helpfull thanks vince

Try and enrole yourself on a moling course run by Killgerm its only £95 pound for the day well worth it though they teach you all the basics of trapping and gasing, then the rest is up to you. I was like you mate never caught a mole or even seen one, but since doing the course last year i never stop now the secret is persistance and you will get there in the end, and may be earn yourself a few bob in the meantime. :thumbs:

Good luck with it 8) Fenbo

Buy yourself half a dozen Dufus traps. That's the half tunnel type. Either leave them in a stream for a week, or boil them then leave them outside for a week. Get a piece of bar 3/8" or similar and a spade. Don't smoke, and before starting, rub your hands in the local soil. Search for the run by poking with the bar between the last two newest heaps. try to dig the hole carefully and don't dig it longer than the trap if poss, wider doesn't matter so much. Set the trap and using the soil lumps carefully surround your trap and block it in, gradually burying it shallowly in fine soil. Leave the initial sod upside down as a marker so as not to attract attention of trap thieves. Some moles are harder than others, but if they continue to fill the trap with soil etc, just keep setting it, you'll get them the next wet day. god luck Ian. :thumbs:

HI MATE HAVE YOU SORTED YOUR MOLE PROBLEMS OUT YE I LIVE IN MERTHYR TYDFIL AND WOULS BE GLAD TO HELP AND YOU COULD COME ALONG AND SEE HOW ITS DONE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR YOU OWN TRAPS ETC IVE JUST STARED MY OWN PESTCONTROL SITE WHERE YOU CNA BUY ALL SORTS OF VERMIN CONTROL STUFF PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AS ITS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

HTTP://WWW.VALLEYPESTCONTROL.ORG.UK CHEERS ANTHONY :thumbs:

vincy how many moles we on about here ? i live in newport and molling is part of me trade so i might be able to help u out ( as long as it doesn't cost me lol) No poison, just traps

Bry

no come on now :clapper: .

you boys down that way know you cant sort a mole problem out.

to start with you got the city moles,,,,,where you come from ,and the realy hard to catch, valleys moles where

i come from :thumbs::D

vincy how many moles we on about here ? i live in newport and molling is part of me trade so i might be able to help u out ( as long as it doesn't cost me lol) No poison, just traps

Bry

no come on now :clapper: .

you boys down that way know you cant sort a mole problem out.

to start with you got the city moles,,,,,where you come from ,and the realy hard to catch, valleys moles where

i come from :thumbs::D

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: TAWNY :haha:

BRY

Vincy i'm busy next week, i'll contact you when i can.

Depends on how many moles are there, i won't give many tricks away but i can show you the basics so you can practise and learn (as i did ) practice practice practice the m more practice lol. theres a few different types traps out there, so you need to get to know which type suits you and the ground you are trapping

Unless you are suitilbilly trained the then use of Phozzie or Taulnex can be a dangerous game, and getting hold of it without proof of traing can also be hard ( unless you get it from someone ), If there are a lot of moles and they are well established then tabs will cost u a fortune

Bry

Edited by BRY