Lurchers With Small Dogs

What are your lurchers like with small dogs? With my last two pups iv taken them down my nans with her two miniature yorkshire terriers to make sure they are good with small dogs but never tired the old girl with them si as she 7 1/2 now she is always with me take her everywhere so thought id take her down and she loved them they were running all over her my nan was in abit of shock when the old girl came clumbering in to the garden haha

20140605_170534.jpg

mine are great with small dogs, :thumbs: Bryn just walks up to them as sniff then leaves them as does is own thing.But Buck wants to play with them lol, and he would never hurt them deliberate , but with his size he could kill them easy just by dropping on them. I get it all the while when he goes up to dogs he never seen before just to sniff them, the owners lift the dogs up in the air, shitting there selves , I tell them he wont hurt them or the dog, and call him back. a mate of mine got little border he play with that, and he play with little Yorkshire dog that thinks it as big as Buck, it tries to bite him,Buck loves it he loves to be chased by it . :laugh:

Same down here ray can see people in the distance picking there dogs up and stuff while mine barely even notice they are there haha the young dog have a thing for wanting to play with everydog he seen but grown out of it now

mine's a bit of pain, nothing malicious but just wants to chase them down and scruff them.

Most other owners are fine as it's obvious she's just a big daft dog playing, but i do cringe sometimes when a little ball of fur starts running towards us, as i know it will be pinned down with mines full gob around its neck in seconds :huh:

Took my 8 month old pup out the other day on the lead and an old lady came walking by with what looked like an even older yorkie with a ribbon tied in its hair.

The pup bent down to sniff it and the little b*****d nearly took his face off :laugh: :laugh: To top it all the little old dear laughed and said, "She wont hurt him, she's had nearly all her teeth out"

• Like 1

mine's a bit of pain, nothing malicious but just wants to chase them down and scruff them.

Most other owners are fine as it's obvious she's just a big daft dog playing, but i do cringe sometimes when a little ball of fur starts running towards us, as i know it will be pinned down with mines full gob around its neck in seconds :huh:

my saluki x is the same as yours,got to keep an eye on her in the park.she plays with them but if they run off she will chase and grab them. :bye: :bye: :bye:

• Like 1

When I had my old shepherd x grey .she went funny round small dog pups twice,once she stalked one,till I shouted her name. But I had terriers there from pups and she was generally ok.

3 of my lurchers are good with small dogs but my other I cannot let off near any dog at all she is a little Twat will just fly into anything it's a nuisance so is kept on lead at all times.she is only a small skinny bitch 22" saluki whippet bull hound and is 14 month.she is showing very good promice as a working dog though