here we go

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean not a fresh dig im there digging it if you look at the picture you can still see the shouvle marys at every step in the wall which would of washed smooth with it beeing sand and if you look at the other sides to the hole ie the bottom right hand corner where i would of been througing the soil over my left shoulder you will see the dug out soil besides you need to keep at least one side clear to get in and out of them deep digs which of course you know and there was also another lad shouvling the loose away from the top of the hole to pevent it falling back in on our self what do you think i do walk round with a shouvel looking for ready dug holes to jump in and claim as my own

post-10088-1192048051_thumb.jpg

Guest digdeep

I have to agree with nelly, also you see the spade scrapes down the wall of the dig shows the darker parts where it has started to dry out, and that would take longer than it took you to get down that far!

theres not much of o story to go with it it was all rather straight forward to be honest apart from the fact that there was a main electric cable running not far from the dig which kept throwing the loctor of course at certain intervals.

we did get our quarry at the end of it yes it took about a hour to find a mark we were happy digging to cause of that cable and it took about three hour digging between two of us the digging wasnt bad with it being sandy it was just the fact that it was new years day morning and i was still a bit tender that made it hard work. never seem to fail on new years day for some reason i wounder if all the fire works and late night activity sends more to ground than normal or it could just be a couinsedence. i will put some pictures up of the finnished article in a while if im allowed if the mods dont say no ill put them up later. :signthankspin:

the darker parts at the top is were the sandy soil has a higher cositency of soil and clay in it which is what makes it darker and also the side at the top where the grass has supposedly grown back fromm some body elses dig would that not be mounded up from the soil that had already been dug out if that is the case instead of it geing perfectly level to the rest of the ground plus at the top off the dig you can still see the grass and bramble roots that we had cut threw the little whispery ones which would of died out and floped down if it was a old dig. i cant understand why a genuine dog lad is getting called i lier and a glory hunter for trying to put a post up about a terrier which is working on a forum about working terriers, ill just talk about the weather shall i or how do you rate my dog do you think shell get a rossete this season :wallbash:

belive what you like im not going to defend myself no longer i know the score but may i say one thing if people didnt come on here to be spitefull and have a go call people liers when they wasnt there or know anybody that was there there may be a lot more interesting threads on this site about the working terrier.

o by the way this is the end result of what some of you are emplying a imeginarry dig.

post-10088-1192051697_thumb.jpg