Fur Loss

the fur thins out on the tail this time of year, makes it look pink.

only one ear? could be scratching? you treat them for mites ruggers?

i treat them once a month with ferret flea treatment says it covers mites flys etc so the tail is ok then cheers

I would imagine it's just the ferret malting loosing it's winter coat. it's the time of year for it and they loose a lot of their condition. My hobs go very thin and one of them looses his fur on his tail. But come winter it's back. But if you do get concerned and if in doubt take a trip to the vets.

I would imagine it's just the ferret malting loosing it's winter coat. it's the time of year for it and they loose a lot of their condition. My hobs go very thin and one of them looses his fur on his tail. But come winter it's back. But if you do get concerned and if in doubt take a trip to the vets.

Yeah he is going skinny on his back end aswel so is my other hob thanks for the advise pal

Its commonly called "rat tail" Its cos his hormones are all over the place. It will grow back come the autumn, as long as theres no other problems.

One of my jills had 3 tiny, tiny ticks between her shoulder blades and has a bald patch there now. Like I said though, it should grow back in with her winter coat.

Aye the tail could be whats called rats tail as said common at this time of year with hormones ect , do you have a pop hole cut between the nesting area and the run of your hutch if thats a bit tight it can pull some hair out ?.

Aye the tail could be whats called rats tail as said common at this time of year with hormones ect , do you have a pop hole cut between the nesting area and the run of your hutch if thats a bit tight it can pull some hair out ?.

rats tail lol it actually looks like one yeah at the front of the cage where the door is he slides down from the second floor to the bottom rubbing his body against the mesh cheers Edited by ruggers13