Treadmill

I found them excellent if dogs been off with a injury as you control how fast and far you want dog to run,and not tearing about whilst excercising and hopefully getting dog back in shape gradually and not risking further complications with injury,,

• Like 1

Cant beat being out in the fresh air walking, running or cycling with the mutts. I agree that treadmills sound a good idea for dogs returning from injury etc. But im sure the bulk of mills are bought by folk looking for the easy option. Just my opinion of course.

Pernod

I'm after a proper treadmill because I work away for a month at a time, so when I'm home bitch will be coursing twice a week then when I'm away she be walked and let run about everyday, and trotted on treadmill just to try keep her in some form of condition n fitness for when I'm back

Cant beat being out in the fresh air walking, running or cycling with the mutts. I agree that treadmills sound a good idea for dogs returning from injury etc. But im sure the bulk of mills are bought by folk looking for the easy option. Just my opinion of course.

Pernod

mine still get walked and bike that is a must for me the treadmill is just extra fitness and used as a training aid not the sole purpose of getting the dogs fit

never used one but can see the advantage when bringing a dog back to fitness, nothing worse than an unfit dog getting injured again when a beasty suddenly get up from nowhere whilst exercising,

Treadmills are for building up a dogs wind and when used badly can do more harm than good.

But when used wisely can be a great job.

You wont get the same result with road walking or beside a bike that you will with a mill, but like I said, only when it's used correctly.

Also, as someone said they're handy when it's raining but the fact is that your still going to get wet as you should always walk a dog before and after he goes on a mill.

Edited by neil cooney
  • Like 1