Whippet X Border Terrier

Just my 2 pence worth, but I don't really see a first cross terrier/whippet as a lurcher. More a handy dog, I had one of a type. Yes failed as a lurcher and a terrier.

But could catch in crops/tussocks/reed beds, had the length of leg to get about obsticles after rats and could still get through most cover.

The sort of dog you take for a wonder with enough speed to pick up tree rats, peg the odd rabbit and push things out.

I must say though after that, I have gone for terrier and whippet seperately.

sometimes a handy dog is just what is needed when bushing and ferreting in woods

To be fair a lot of the time yes. I saw the video of yours and it is a different thing. Whilst they aren't lurchers they aren't true bushers either. I know I'd enjoy one.

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he's dead ugly, but I'd sooner have an ugly dog that works well and is a joy to live with than the most beautiful animal on the planet that is useless Cricket:  

Not bragging as I didn't breed him, but Cricket has to be one of the best ferreting dogs I've ever had, or seen. Only problem as I see it is if you cross two very dissimilar breeds together you'll get

sometimes a handy dog is just what is needed when bushing and ferreting in woods

Posted Images

Just my 2 pence worth, but I don't really see a first cross terrier/whippet as a lurcher. More a handy dog, I had one of a type. Yes failed as a lurcher and a terrier.

But could catch in crops/tussocks/reed beds, had the length of leg to get about obsticles after rats and could still get through most cover.

The sort of dog you take for a wonder with enough speed to pick up tree rats, peg the odd rabbit and push things out.

I must say though after that, I have gone for terrier and whippet seperately.

To be fair a lot of the time yes. I saw the video of yours and it is a different thing. Whilst they aren't lurchers they aren't true bushers either. I know I'd enjoy one.

your wright they arent either but come in use around cover and the fun of the hunt :thumbs:

• Like 1