Definitely Maybe...

20 years! scary...... 1st heard them I think on one of them promo tapes from NME used to love the singles b sides, didnt half get BIG!

Good decade, and so was the before. Just adjusting my body clock after finishing shifts, aided by The Soup Dragons, The La's and who knows! Everyone had a loose fit. Think im stuck in that timewarp, & fcuk it im staying. The electronic music was shit hot at the time, & still popping up in samples today.

Everyone entitled to say 'best album ever' for them, mine's The Stone Roses, took me over 20 years to see them, watched the film the other day, saw my arm :boogy: tell you what - I was f#$@ in' 'avin it :D

Stone roses are quality mate, haven't got to see them yet!!

Watched oasis, back in the day, at West Point arena ( Devon county ground) f**k me they did not want to be there... Liam was acting the twat, people were flashing those laser pen things about, he kept saying they were shining it in his eyes and was gonna walk off... We all knew he just was pissed off playing a fancy farm lol... Travis were the support, before they had a song out really, I heard them from the bar lol

Saw them at the Boardwalk in the early days and a few more times over the years :toast: last time I saw them was Lancashire cricket ground with Richard Ashcroft supporting...quality gig :yes: Stone Roses were better in my opinion,the second album was panned,but I thought some of that was superb,John Squire had got into Hendrix and it showed...some of it was superb,always loved the Inspiral Carpets though they never seemed to reach the dizzy heights the others did :hmm: (Clint Boons dad told him to stop f*****g around and join a "proper" band like Take That :yes::laugh: He got his love of the keyboard listening to Telstar as a kid)Happy days in Manchester back then with the Hacienda and the Boardwalk....Then it became Gunchester and the rest is history :cray: .As an aside Bez knocked at my sisters door last week,canvasing for the Green Party and hes running for Mayor of Salford....I shit you not :yes::laugh: he was at the anti fracking camp a mile from our house supporting the cause,was hoping hed knock here to hear his view on hunting....sure the barmy b*****ds misunderstood exactly what the "Green"party is :whistling: Ave it... :laugh:

Must of been great up there Dave, when it was first coming out.

o

It really was a "Scene",everyone buzzing ,people came from all over the country....to the extent we had a new manager at work from America,first time in England,asked her if she was gonna go sight seeing London etc,all she was interested in was seeing the Hacienda....and reporting back to all her pals in the states who saw it as a "cavern" type shrine :laugh: then drugs reared its ugly head,turf wars going on inside the clubs over who could/couldn't deal in the clubs,at the same time the "door wars" broke out over wich firm was protecting which club in which area,lads on the doors getting shot/stabbed and drive bys :cray: what a waste,was the beginning of the end...

Another shame was Lee Mavers, he should of been f*****g huge with the la's!!!........threw it away with drugs........

The La's....

We played Guilford Festival, think it was 2005, maybe 2006...

After we played, we got on the piss, and got drinking with a couple of blokes who played in a band called Shack, they were said to be noel Gallagher's favourite band at the time, could be bullshit lol, and were signed to a label called Delta sonic( the Zutons were signed to them too), one of these was the bassist in Cast ( which came from the la's,).. So we get yapping and spend most of the day with them having the Craic, then they ask if we fancy supporting them in a gig in the cavern ( Liverpool)... Ummmm f***ing right we would.. Lol, we give them our numbers etc, and think that's that..

Back home and after a few weeks, hear nothing oh well... Then we get a call from someone from the label, to set up the gig...this is when our drummer curse hits us again, after the festival we never spoke to the drummer again, no reason, he just didn't fit, good drummer, but no personality at all... I think he went wedding bands in the end, our normal drummer was on a 6 month tour with the marines, no drummer, no gig..... Pissed right off lol...

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 20 years this week since the release of Definitely Maybe...   I loved the 90's, and that was one of the biggest albums of the time, was coming back from fishing earlier listening to Absolute 90

20 years! scary...... 1st heard them I think on one of them promo tapes from NME used to love the singles b sides, didnt half get BIG!   Good decade, and so was the before. Just adjusting my body cl

A couple of good gigs for us.. B mad festival... Supporting Girl School!!!! Lol And in the Phoenix centre, when an American band came over and stayed with us for a couple of weeks, we done a mini to

Posted Images

20 years! scary...... 1st heard them I think on one of them promo tapes from NME used to love the singles b sides, didnt half get BIG!

Good decade, and so was the before. Just adjusting my body clock after finishing shifts, aided by The Soup Dragons, The La's and who knows! Everyone had a loose fit. Think im stuck in that timewarp, & fcuk it im staying. The electronic music was shit hot at the time, & still popping up in samples today.

Everyone entitled to say 'best album ever' for them, mine's The Stone Roses, took me over 20 years to see them, watched the film the other day, saw my arm :boogy: tell you what - I was f#$@ in' 'avin it :D

Watched oasis, back in the day, at West Point arena ( Devon county ground) f**k me they did not want to be there... Liam was acting the twat, people were flashing those laser pen things about, he kept saying they were shining it in his eyes and was gonna walk off... We all knew he just was pissed off playing a fancy farm lol... Travis were the support, before they had a song out really, I heard them from the bar lol

Saw them at the Boardwalk in the early days and a few more times over the years :toast: last time I saw them was Lancashire cricket ground with Richard Ashcroft supporting...quality gig :yes: Stone Roses were better in my opinion,the second album was panned,but I thought some of that was superb,John Squire had got into Hendrix and it showed...some of it was superb,always loved the Inspiral Carpets though they never seemed to reach the dizzy heights the others did :hmm: (Clint Boons dad told him to stop f*****g around and join a "proper" band like Take That :yes::laugh: He got his love of the keyboard listening to Telstar as a kid)Happy days in Manchester back then with the Hacienda and the Boardwalk....Then it became Gunchester and the rest is history :cray: .As an aside Bez knocked at my sisters door last week,canvasing for the Green Party and hes running for Mayor of Salford....I shit you not :yes::laugh: he was at the anti fracking camp a mile from our house supporting the cause,was hoping hed knock here to hear his view on hunting....sure the barmy b*****ds misunderstood exactly what the "Green"party is :whistling: Ave it... :laugh:

o

It really was a "Scene",everyone buzzing ,people came from all over the country....to the extent we had a new manager at work from America,first time in England,asked her if she was gonna go sight seeing London etc,all she was interested in was seeing the Hacienda....and reporting back to all her pals in the states who saw it as a "cavern" type shrine :laugh: then drugs reared its ugly head,turf wars going on inside the clubs over who could/couldn't deal in the clubs,at the same time the "door wars" broke out over wich firm was protecting which club in which area,lads on the doors getting shot/stabbed and drive bys :cray: what a waste,was the beginning of the end...

Another shame was Lee Mavers, he should of been f*****g huge with the la's!!!........threw it away with drugs........

The La's....

After we played, we got on the piss, and got drinking with a couple of blokes who played in a band called Shack, they were said to be noel Gallagher's favourite band at the time, could be bullshit lol, and were signed to a label called Delta sonic( the Zutons were signed to them too), one of these was the bassist in Cast ( which came from the la's,).. So we get yapping and spend most of the day with them having the Craic, then they ask if we fancy supporting them in a gig in the cavern ( Liverpool)... Ummmm f*****g right we would.. Lol, we give them our numbers etc, and think that's that..

Back home and after a few weeks, hear nothing oh well... Then we get a call from someone from the label, to set up the gig...this is when our drummer curse hits us again, after the festival we never spoke to the drummer again, no reason, he just didn't fit, good drummer, but no personality at all... I think he went wedding bands in the end, our normal drummer was on a 6 month tour with the marines, no drummer, no gig..... Pissed right off lol...

Shacks 'the Corner of Miles & Gil' is a really good record....

o

The La's....

After we played, we got on the piss, and got drinking with a couple of blokes who played in a band called Shack, they were said to be noel Gallagher's favourite band at the time, could be bullshit lol, and were signed to a label called Delta sonic( the Zutons were signed to them too), one of these was the bassist in Cast ( which came from the la's,).. So we get yapping and spend most of the day with them having the Craic, then they ask if we fancy supporting them in a gig in the cavern ( Liverpool)... Ummmm f*****g right we would.. Lol, we give them our numbers etc, and think that's that..

Gutted :cray: always blame the drummer :laugh: not "Manchester"music but Russel Watson used to live next door but one to me,used to do the working mens clubs every night driving a beat up Maestro :laugh: he did a Joe Longthorne type act impersonating everyone from Nat King Cole to Jacko (just the singing :angel: )his vocal range was huge...anyway during the world cup 92 I think, he heard Pavarotti sing Nessun Dorma decided to have a go ...got a standing ovation and spotted by some talent scout,next he signed a seven figure contract with Polydor an "The Voice" was his first album,sold shedloads :toast: Best thing was his inlaws used to say to him"youre a no mark,get a proper job :toast: ,youre a nobody,stop fooking around and get a proper job eventually Russ seen his arse and knocked the father in law out :yes: ignore the screen persona ,hes 6ft 3in and a right handful :laugh: He split with her not long after :laugh: ...Used to borrow my golf clubs he was that skint couldn't afford his own :laugh:

• Like 1

o

The La's....

Shacks 'the Corner of Miles & Gil' is a really good record....

I'm gonna have a listen on spotify, been years since I've heard any if their stuff... Tbh don't know much of there stuff

o

The La's....

Gutted :cray: always blame the drummer :laugh: not "Manchester"music but Russel Watson used to live next door but one to me,used to do the working mens clubs every night driving a beat up Maestro :laugh: he did a Joe Longthorne type act impersonating everyone from Nat King Cole to Jacko (just the singing :angel: )his vocal range was huge...anyway during the world cup 92 I think, he heard Pavarotti sing Nessun Dorma decided to have a go ...got a standing ovation and spotted by some talent scout,next he signed a seven figure contract with Polydor an "The Voice" was his first album,sold shedloads :toast: Best thing was his inlaws used to say to him"youre a no mark,get a proper job :toast: ,youre a nobody,stop fooking around and get a proper job eventually Russ seen his arse and knocked the father in law out :yes: ignore the screen persona ,hes 6ft 3in and a right handful :laugh: He split with her not long after :laugh: ...Used to borrow my golf clubs he was that skint couldn't afford his own :laugh:

Haha great tale mate....

Oh yeah drummers have been the bane of my life lol... The first one left ( before we'd even gigged), cause his cousin ( who played the keyboard at the time in the band) shagged his bird... She was a weirdo, real but job.. Took great pleasure in telling him about it.. Got through another 3 after that ( one joined the navy, one was a marine, always tour, and then the weirdo from guil-feet lol)..

Started up a little 90's cover band few years back, played about 5 gigs. Went down well, and I enjoyed it.... The drummer f****d off lol.. ( he's actually a real good mate of mine, started me off messing with music, he was in the fab Beatles originally)..

Now our good mate the marine is drumming again, only messing about really, had so e great times gigging over the years...

• Like 1

A couple of good gigs for us..

B mad festival... Supporting Girl School!!!! Lol

And in the Phoenix centre, when an American band came over and stayed with us for a couple of weeks, we done a mini tour with them, great times lol

post-50738-0-47202800-1400617303.jpg

post-50738-0-55375600-1400617341.jpg

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 3