freeze branding -can you?

Give these nice ladies a call/email they will be able to tell you whether or not its suitable. They came up and did 4 horses for me a few years back, very quick, efficient process, allthough you have to clip the marked area several times a year to make sure its visible when the horses winter coat is present :thumbs:

http://www.freezemark.biz/about.html

thankyou for your advise - I've Emailed them- i wonder what message i should put on the side of my dog.............

although its never happened to me thankfully poeple i know dont chip or tat there dog incase u might have to leave it doing what ever it might be doing ( deer roos badgers whatever pouching) for your own sake although u try and aviod it and although id regret it id hate to go down because somone could identifie my dog anyway its up to u and what u hunt good luck with it anyway mate

i dont think its a good idea to put any mark or tatto or chip on your dog ....if sombodies going to pinch it ..it wont stop em anyway .....just a thought :whistling:

snoop.. the main problem with dogs being stolen is that theres a market for working dogs.... the people that buy the dogs have no idea of wether or not its been stolen or if its a genuine sale... so if by putting tattos or freeze marks on your dogs stops it from being sold on then the theiving scum will eventually get sick of making money by pinching and selling someones pride and joy and will move there sticky fingers else where.... if the demand drys up then the need to supplie will stop....

the board will not let me put the address up so just do a google search for ( traditional working airdale terrier ) and that will give you the link

when you get on do a search for freeze branding

you can also do a search on smoochers this was taiked about on there also

Ian

Edited by jrearthdog
  • 2 weeks later...

imho i think micro chipping,tattooing etc is a waste of money,i had 2 dogs stolen last year 1 was tattooed and chipped other was just chipped.The people that steal these dogs dont sell to just anyone they are moved on through people they know or just do what they do with the stolen greyhounds and cut their ears off.

my local vet says she has heard of people cutting the chips out of the dogs,as they have scanners to find them,like the vet uses,most of these are organised criminals,not just some twat that wants a dog.